What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the Silence from the USARL?

deluded pom?

Coach
The 2017 season kicks off on the 3rd June but you wouldn't know it by going to the USARL website. The schedule is still showing the 2016 fixtures. Very few of the clubs have bothered with any recent updates. The Rebellion website doesn't even load any more. Why the apathy? Weren't we promised a new dawn when the USARL became the governing body for the sport in the USA? It's getting to be same old, same old IMO.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Yeah it's pretty weird, we used to get guys from about 6 or 7 different clubs on this forum and now they have all disappeared.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
He's only coming down for camp mate, bit of promo, help a few of the boys out who are hoping to push for a world cup place. It's really boosted interest because instead of the usual 30-35 names we've had 55+ interested in coming down. We actually have three guys coaching in the set up this year and we're looking forward to a good season

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
He's only coming down for camp mate, bit of promo, help a few of the boys out who are hoping to push for a world cup place. It's really boosted interest because instead of the usual 30-35 names we've had 55+ interested in coming down. We actually have three guys coaching in the set up this year and we're looking forward to a good season
Good to hear, anything helps, the Americans can pick up the fitness and psychical side of things easily enough, but developing nations really struggle with the play making sure of things, football smarts.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Love your passion Irish Bulldog, but you sure seem to post very generically on most threads. Makes it look like there's unread posts but it's just you saying very broad/pointless statements and/or questions. Sorry if that sounds harsh

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Love your passion Irish Bulldog, but you sure seem to post very generically on most threads. Makes it look like there's unread posts but it's just you saying very broad/pointless statements and/or questions. Sorry if that sounds harsh

Lol it's all about opinions is it not ?, some people might enjoy what I say on here ? Some May think your a complete tosser ? :cowboy:. Lucky your allowed to dislike my posts, And your free to express that. but that was a random attack I must admit lol. Not harsh a little silly and unnecessary yes.

So what about my pointless posts or generectic posts is it...that seems to bother you Mate lol?. No I don't read every post, I have things to do in the real world lol, but I can say I've been a fan of the sport for around 27 years, played it at some high levels too, i'd like to think I've got a good understanding of the sport, am I an expert ?... no lol. I mostly come on here because I enjoy reading what others think of issues regarding the sport. Why do you post here ? Enlighten us insightful one, master of league lol.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal

It's GW.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
You have to love the name, Mayhem, wish I had the wanderlust back when I was in my 20's, could've played all around the world if I knew I could, stayed in the same town I was born in!.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Definitely wasn't an attack. I gave you a compliment and then said what bothers me.

You have made personal insinuations.

My point is simple: I work 60+ hours a week and when i jump on this forum I read the threads showing unread posts in search of news and insight. But lately you have posted very broadly/pointlessly across many threads.

My problem is a selfish one. That I click and scroll through threads to find your posts and feel like ive wasted my time.

Lol it's all about opinions is it not ?, some people might enjoy what I say on here ? Some May think your a complete tosser ? :cowboy:. Lucky your allowed to dislike my posts, And your free to express that. but that was a random attack I must admit lol. Not harsh a little silly and unnecessary yes.

So what about my pointless posts or generectic posts is it...that seems to bother you Mate lol?. No I don't read every post, I have things to do in the real world lol, but I can say I've been a fan of the sport for around 27 years, played it at some high levels too, i'd like to think I've got a good understanding of the sport, am I an expert ?... no lol. I mostly come on here because I enjoy reading what others think of issues regarding the sport. Why do you post here ? Enlighten us insightful one, master of league lol.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Back on topic though, I heard that peter illfield was living in california now.

You look at the usarl board and it's all philly fight personnel.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I hope it's not a case of things sliding backwards now Spinner is no longer involved?

That is many people's fear. Drew slover is doing a great job, recently organising the 9s and a game against the axemen veterens, but he isn't on the usarl board despite basically running the whole southern conference. Seems weird to me.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Definitely wasn't an attack. I gave you a compliment and then said what bothers me.

You have made personal insinuations.

My point is simple: I work 60+ hours a week and when i jump on this forum I read the threads showing unread posts in search of news and insight. But lately you have posted very broadly/pointlessly across many threads.

My problem is a selfish one. That I click and scroll through threads to find your posts and feel like ive wasted my time.
No one likes selfish people mate lol. But in all honesty Maybe skip my posts mate, it might solve the problem ? Instead of wasting more people's time ?And you won't look as arrogant and self righteous in the future ?. Im going to ask questions and make statements about American League because I'm interested in it, and wish it all the best. You telling me otherwise really doesn't change anything.

Now we can get back on topic.

Deeecoreturns

Juniors
That is many people's fear. Drew slover is doing a great job, recently organising the 9s and a game against the axemen veterens, but he isn't on the usarl board despite basically running the whole southern conference. Seems weird to me.

Drew is a cool guy and what he and spinner have done for rl in the usa is huge. But he hasn't been running the southern conference for two years now and we haven't all fallen apart in a heap. I wouldn't worry fellas :D

Fwiw in the south we get our fair share of representation via the usarl. Every club gets a vote as per the agreed years ago

deal.with.it

Juniors
View my comments already made

No one likes selfish people mate lol. But in all honesty Maybe skip my posts mate, it might solve the problem ? Instead of wasting more people's time ?And you won't look as arrogant and self righteous in the future ?. Im going to ask questions and make statements about American League because I'm interested in it, and wish it all the best. You telling me otherwise really doesn't change anything.

Now we can get back on topic.

Latest posts