What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why the white jersey on Friday night?

eel01s

Bench
I don't think that this has been mentioned, but why didn't Parra wear their HOME jersey on Friday night?

I feel that this is really devaluing the home jersey, which I believe should have been worn in all three matches so far.

It surely couldn't be due to it being a night game, I mean the yellow jersey would easily be seen, even if the lights went out!

I would also like to congratulate Luke Burt for the trysaver on John Morris, I think that went a long way towards helping Parra win.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I also found it rather strange but someone did make a point to me the other night that it could be because you could make out the sponsors a bit clearer.

who knows?

Utey

Coach
They are terrible! Maybe they aren't selling as well and are using the home games as exposure.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I did notice that when the Tigers ran out they were in the their mostly white expect for Todd Payten. Maybe the Tigers didn't have the number 12 in that set so asked to change and so Parramatta changed to suit.

It was funny because all three grades wore different jerseys.

eel01s

Bench
It was funny because all three grades wore different jerseys.[/quote]

Well, this makes it even more frustrating! Was this the real reason Parra went with three jerseys for this season???

Avenger

Immortal
I saw the blue jersey for the first time in the Flegg Souths game. I think they look amazing with the blue shorts and socks.

More traditional in my view.

I think the whole idea of "Home" "Away" and "Alternate" is just a requirement for the NRL.

I also remember Fitzy on the BSB 2 Fridays ago saying that the White Jersey was their biggest seller.

Oh and fish for the 3rd time this year. Parramatta's Original 1947 Jersey contained Blue, Gold and White.
jersey_foundation.jpg

It was only in the 1970s that white was dropped from the Jersey.

I understand you don't like the white, but your argument is flawed on what we are.

Nickeel

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
I think the whole idea of "Home" "Away" and "Alternate" is just a requirement for the NRL.

I also remember Fitzy on the BSB 2 Fridays ago saying that the White Jersey was their biggest seller.

Oh and fish for the 3rd time this year. Parramatta's Original 1947 Jersey contained Blue, Gold and White.
jersey_foundation.jpg

I understand you don't like the white, but your argument is flawed on what we are.

Why can't we have this full-time???? In our 60th year???

Is it just me or has the club made little to no effort to commemorate this occasion?

Nick

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i spose 60 is nowhere near as big as 50 or 100 years.... but yea, we couldve done something

MarkInTheStands said:

jersey_foundation.jpg

They also wore white socks and, at various stages, white shorts.

As an aftethought, that jersey has the wrong crest on it to be the 1947 jersey - the original crest was a lot more detailed. It looks like it is from the early 70s.

mickdo

Coach
I think it's time we adopted some of the 1950's right wing Australian government policies, with a slight variation...

NO WHITES ALLOWED!

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
jersey_foundation.jpg

So our original jerseys had white collars? :roll:

For mine....that jersey you posted is still a blue and gold jersey. And what it certainly isnt is a mainly white jersey.

FFS...we looked more like canterbury on friday night.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
So our original jerseys had white collars? :roll:

For mine....that jersey you posted is still a blue and gold jersey. And what it certainly isnt is a mainly white jersey.

FFS...we looked more like canterbury on friday night.

ffs Fishy, there's some white in the emblem as well.

Suity

Latest posts