What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHY??????????

HOT028

Juniors
can someone tell me why we let lincoln withers go, he has been going so well for the dragons out of dummy half, he is no half back but a great dummy half, that has to be the worst decison we made last year, the money we paid grahma could of gone to Lincoln. ](*,)

galea#13

Juniors
lincoln is the perfect signing for the dragons he has brilliant players around him and all they ask of him is to have a dig ! they dont rely on withers. At the tigers we RELY on him he is not a leader he didnt have the great players around him at the tigers and THAT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE and in hindsight yes it would of been better to give him grahams money IN HINDSIGHT?? have a look at jon carlaw played great at the warriors and dragons we let him go !! same situation thats just my opinion ? but lincoln is the perfect utility for a top club he hasnt got the skills of there halfback HEAD but he is always there if they need a hooker or halfback quickly!

axl rose

Bench
galea#13 said:
have a look at jon carlaw played great at the warriors and dragons we let him go !!!

Played ok at Warriors but was then cut due to poor form. He is in first grade now due to injury.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I got no problems with us releasing Carlaw, he's a solid and safe centre who could've done well here now, but im over him. As for Lincoln, well i think we could really have used him this season, i was sad to see him go and still am, but at least he's down well at saints.

Palms

Juniors
Nah i dont agree, different type of role at the sharks with fewer good players around him.

Wrighty79

Juniors
Wait until he hits a sideline conversion from his own try against us, to win the game, at Toyota next year...

Palms

Juniors
or Grealy scores the match winner with Hodgson kickin the goal, clearly we didnt need him.

McGrime

Juniors
hope your right Palms, we will have to wait and see the role that Cronulla have in mind for him. Should be interesting if he turns up somewhere other than on the wing.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Cronulla only signed him really because the ex magpie PL coach Peter Gentile is the assitant to Raper, thats my belief anyways.

Wrighty79

Juniors
If if's and ands were pots and pans... Blah Blah Blah Blah.

What if we kept Withers and in the first game of the season he suffered a compound fracture to his leg, and never played footy again??? There's no point in re-hashing us letting go of Dulcify Withers, it happened 12 monts ago now.

But the loss of Covell happened this month, so we can be a little peeved, cause he does offer good depth. Not the classiest of players but solid. I do hope that Greally gets a run next year and does score a match winner for us, he's going to be something out of the box, me thinks.

HOT028

Juniors
wrighty you are talking out of your ass when was the last premier league game you watched? you go on information from others ME THINK!

ozcrusader

Bench
Withers was at the game on Saturday night...

The reason Withers left the club was simple - he wanted to play halfback, Sheens wanted him at hooker, so Linc left to try and get a start somewhere else.

Does anyone know how long he is signed with the Dragons for?

Personally, I would love to see him and Farah share the No 9 duties - Withers can sure put on a hit, is quick off the mark and has a useful short kicking game. A halfback he is not, but he can sure develop into a good hooker...

Wrighty79

Juniors
goangod said:
Withers was at the game on Saturday night...

The reason Withers left the club was simple - he wanted to play halfback, Sheens wanted him at hooker, so Linc left to try and get a start somewhere else.

Does anyone know how long he is signed with the Dragons for?

Personally, I would love to see him and Farah share the No 9 duties - Withers can sure put on a hit, is quick off the mark and has a useful short kicking game. A halfback he is not, but he can sure develop into a good hooker...

He already is a good hooker.