What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop's First Try

thebigredv

First Grade
If we had won today by a try it would be front page news. Often I see things in a very one sided way, but I honestly believe DCE chose to be involved with Nightingale for whatever reason. DCE put his hands on Flo and Nighty barely held him in response. Did others see it in this way or am I dreaming?

I know he hasn't been involved with the Dragons in a long time but it was strange how sickened Barrett was in the press conference over the incident. Still can't see him as anything other than a Dragons man.

Life's Good

Coach
the bitches came out in force after the decision.

completely ignorant of what actually happened.

warren smith needs to spend less time on his dick & more time understanding the game.
You beat me too it. The commentators were way over the top and had no objectivity so it was always going to be 'controversial' when in fact it wasn't when you look at the rules and how DCE played himself.

gregstar

Referee
i only heard it on the highlights on nrl.

as a rule, i NEVER listen to commentary when watching the footy.

i stopped over 10 years ago.

you get used to it & you are not drawn into fake emotion or hyperbole. and you certainly don't get as frustrated.
for me it is the perfect way to actually enjoy the game without the bullshit.

Drakon

Juniors
It was a fair try in my opinion. DCE initiated the contact and after minor contact, Flo actually tried to move away. DCE was unprofessional - especially near his own line. I couldn't believe how the commentators went on about it. It got sickening. The ref thought it OK and the points are on the board.

Barrett and DCE have vested interests.

Later in the game there was a few words exchanged between Flo and DCE. Flo got the better of Cherry baby that time too. I'd love to know what was said!

Bench
It was a fair try and maybe a bit of justce for the bad calls we got last season

Gareth67

First Grade
If we had won today by a try it would be front page news. Often I see things in a very one sided way, but I honestly believe DCE chose to be involved with Nightingale for whatever reason. DCE put his hands on Flo and Nighty barely held him in response. Did others see it in this way or am I dreaming?

I know he hasn't been involved with the Dragons in a long time but it was strange how sickened Barrett was in the press conference over the incident. Still can't see him as anything other than a Dragons man.

That is what I thought also . He , Evans could see that Nightingale had no one in front of him , in a attempt to prevent what would possibly be a try , DCE placed his hand on Nighty's shoulder , whom then reacted accordingly by shoving Evans out of the way .

Of course Widdop had other ideas , but you are correct thebigredV , the original interference was made by Evans and not Nightingale , as those screaming ' betches ' from Fox attempted to make out .

JDHD

Juniors
DCE didn't like getting roughed up and decided to engage in a bitch fight instead of going into acting dummy half like he should have. Non-issue.

Old Timer

Coach
DCE wasn't behind the play the ball he was walking in our defensive line on our side of the ruck. He was actually offside.
He initiated contact with Nighty and that would have advantaged Manly if they had of had a dummy half and played down the short blind as Nighty was being held from returning to his defensive position.
Whilst all that was happening Widdop played football and the whistle.
Smith, Ennis and even Gasnier were all cock suckers over the incident and none of them got it correct.
If Manly had of sped of down that short blind and scored the bunker would have been consulted and seen the defender Nightingale was impeded by an attacking play in an offside position.
Just another example of how Fox love to ramp up controversy and how they hate Saints being successful.
Today the bunker got a couple of crucial decisions correct well done for once.

JDHD

Juniors
Even if Gypsy had taken him off the ball, DCE chose to act like a galah and carry on like a goose rather than play football.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
DCE was on the wrong side of the play the ball to even be at dummy half, he initiated the contact and carried on with it. Still had time to dive on the ball after it was played but chose to be a spectator and then whinge when we scored.
DCE wasn't behind the play the ball he was walking in our defensive line on our side of the ruck. He was actually offside.
He initiated contact with Nighty and that would have advantaged Manly if they had of had a dummy half and played down the short blind as Nighty was being held from returning to his defensive position.
Whilst all that was happening Widdop played football and the whistle.
Smith, Ennis and even Gasnier were all c**k suckers over the incident and none of them got it correct.
If Manly had of sped of down that short blind and scored the bunker would have been consulted and seen the defender Nightingale was impeded by an attacking play in an offside position.
Just another example of how Fox love to ramp up controversy and how they hate Saints being successful.
Today the bunker got a couple of crucial decisions correct well done for once.
Spot on mate....thats exactely how I read it to......Widdop caught them all with their pants down and they got such a shock especially DCE that their on reply was to whinge to the ref........and as far as Smith in commentary goes not only does he death ride us most games he also was pissed off because he expected Manly to continue their good form and begin well and when we put them to the sword early he didnt like it imo

OLD FART DRAGON

Juniors
It showed clearly Jason being touched by Evans , the commentary by smith was a joke,and fox needs to kick his balls, one sided commentary from a manly asshole supporter,who was shocked at how the big red v,led superbly by Widdop and Vaughan,crushed his sea gulls,should have won by 50, we need to sign Widdop NOW.