What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widnes Vikings academy players

dibviking

Juniors
There is a rumour around Widnes that Brisbane have signed one of our academy players and on the verge of signing another, Anthony Mullally a man mountain of a prop or second row has apparently signed and Alex Brown a lightening quick fastest winger iv seen in a long time but poor in defence has an offer.

Our director of rugby Paul Cullen recently spent a month in australia during the four nations to check out coaching methods and other stuff, on his return the club have said we are going to be sending alot of our juniors over to oz to gain experience to make them better players.

Anybody heard anything your end??

JasonE

Bench
Hope it's true about Mullally, i think he would go well in the under 20's comp. He's a big bloke and goes forward well.
Alex Brown is only 17 so would play in the SG Ball equivalent (Meninga Cup) ?

Big Pete

Referee
I don't have any official ties with the club nor have I seen it reported anywhere.

dib - Your best bet is asking over at RLeague, Hanc and Sarge do have some inside knowledge. Thanks for sharing this with us though and I hope it's true as you've picked a great year to send your players to the Broncos Under 20's, our new coach has a lot of experience in the junior leagues and is among one of the best junior coaches in the game.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
What i meant was that you always seemed to know all of the signings the Broncos made so i thought you may have heard of these two guys.

Big Pete

Referee
Ha and trust me I appreciated the comment but I had to be honest. I just do a bit of research is all.

JasonE

Bench
Well done to Brisbane and Widnes for making this happen, Mullally is a big prop with lots of potential so hopefully the stint with the Broncos can add a bit of polish to his game.

dibviking

Juniors
yea hope he goes well against the gold coast, in pre season he was probably our best prop so i think he has the nutrients make it to the top, only downside of this deal is if he turns out to be class and can get a contract over there why would he want to come back

Big Pete

Referee
Cheers for the updates guys, we're going to have a few members at the game so hopefully they can tell you how he went.

Big Pete

Referee
Cheers for the updates guys, we're going to have a few members at the game so hopefully they can tell you how he went.

Latest posts