What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wigan Sign Dobson

deluded pom?

Coach
Wigan have signed Michael Dobson after his short spell at Les Catalans . Dobson was signed by Les Catalans as short term replacement for the injured Stacey Jones . After ending an impressive spell with the Challenge Cup fifth round win over Widnes last Sunday , Dobson was snapped up by Wigan . Denis Moran was released to make way for Dobson on the Wigan roster .

terracesider

Juniors
Dobson AND a dramatic, fantastic mosaic. Wow. It will be a great addition to NL1.

After completing the signing of Michael Dobson and releasing Dennis Moran, this unexpected bonus will leave the Saints spectators in awe of what can be achieved by the fantastic Wigan crowd who have stood by their side for 65 minutes at every game, week in, week out.

http://www.redvee.net/wigan2.html

Saints fans with a sense of humour. Whatever next.

jed

First Grade
Apparently Dobson's only been released by the Raiders for the remainder of this season, and is expected to play a large part in next season's 1st grade side.

Could this be at the expense of Todd Carney?

bartman

Immortal
All thios experience can only be good for Dobson, am sure he'll be a great(er) prospect in years to come.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Dobson good.

Mosiac? Big woop. Now it just looks like every other Premier League stadium with the sponsors name visible in the seats.

terracesider

Juniors
Perhaps on an Aussie forum I should have pointed out the significance of 65 minutes in the quote.

15 minutes before the end is about when the Wigan Walk begins - their supposedly loyal fans stream out of the ground. :lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
terracesider said:
Perhaps on an Aussie forum I should have pointed out the significance of 65 minutes in the quote.

15 minutes before the end is about when the Wigan Walk begins - their supposedly loyal fans stream out of the ground. :lol:

No wonder something screamed at me "This isn't right!"

:lol::lol:

bartman

Immortal
terracesider said:
I think they've done quite well to stay 65 minutes given the performances this season.

damo72

Juniors
So where to for Moran now that he is out of the picture, bit late in the season to get a start somewhere else I would think.

terracesider

Juniors
damo72 said:
So where to for Moran now that he is out of the picture, bit late in the season to get a start somewhere else I would think.

Cas? Matteson's always complaining about his half backs.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Best signing Wigan have made all year. Dobson is very classy for his age, ten times the player Moran is. Good goalkicker too so now they don't have to keep Danny Tickle in their side (he's way out of form, it's a shame because he is usually very good).

Can't see Dobson leading them to a win over Saints or Leeds but against lower table teams he could be the difference between staying in SL or being relegated.

deluded pom?

Coach
It seems Cas' aren't too chuffed after Terry Matterson gave up chasing Dobson when the word from the Department of Employment was that Dobson had no chance of acquiring a work permit because he hasn't played the required 12 NRL games in the last two seasons .I wonder who called in a few favours with the D.O.E. ? Uncle Mo or Big Dave ? Once again petrol is poured onto the fire that is the conspiracy theory that the RFL won't allow Wigan to be relegated.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry to douse a good Wigan consiracy story, but knowing a bit about Aussies and UK Visas myself, I'd say Dobson has chosen to take a Working Holidaymaker visa, which if you are aged < 30 allows you to "work" for less than a year in a stay of up to two years.

If he's heading back to Canberra in 2007 then it's the perfect option - he can apply for a Work Permit later in his career when he has the necessary 12 NRL games up.

terracesider

Juniors
Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, Barman, especially when it concerns Wigan. :lol:

It still needs to be explained how they can afford him and still keep within the cap, especially after settling with Millward and Moran.

deluded pom?

Coach
terracesider said:
It still needs to be explained how they can afford him and still keep within the cap, especially after settling with Millward and Moran.

EXACTLY Terrace EXACTLY ;-) . Conspiracy back up and running .

SFW

Juniors
terracesider said:
Never let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, Barman, especially when it concerns Wigan. :lol:

Radlinski's retirement should mean they have a fair wedge on the cap surely?

Dobson played pretty well against Saints last week, didn't make much of an impression with ball in hand but that will come. His kicking was excellent though.

For anyone interested, Moran signed for Widnes last week and scored 2 tries on debut yesterday.

bartman

Immortal
You and I could have scored tries for Widnes on the weekend... the way the winless York have been shaping up. I knew they'd struggle up a division, but thought they'd bring a bit more to the table. Perhaps York should have convinced Moran to come cross country!

Latest posts