What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki facing 5 weeks suspension

NZ Warrior

First Grade
God damn it!!!! :x

Does anyone remember the incident, I can't recall it????

Well, looks like we may have found a place for Villasanti after all.

f**k it!!!! :evil:

Iafeta

Referee
I do recall it.

I thought the player fell it into it. The difference between a good hit in the ribs compared to one going wrong is miniscule. I sometimes think the NRL is a bit overzealous with some (Wiki's here for example) and pussy footing with personalities such as Bryan Fletcher's cowardly tackle a couple of years back.

No point fighting it. Ruben's a marked man.

Lego_Man

First Grade
I feared that this was going to be a problem for us this season. We need Ruben and Pricey on the park, they made a big difference on Saturday. I don't even remember the hit myself actually....did it deserve a Grade 3?

PS, how do i get the Warriors symbol as my avatar?

Lego_Man said:
I feared that this was going to be a problem for us this season. We need Ruben and Pricey on the park, they made a big difference on Saturday. I don't even remember the hit myself actually....did it deserve a Grade 3?

PS, how do i get the Warriors symbol as my avatar?

Go into your profile brother then click show gallery

AuckMel

Bench
I saw the tackle. He was penalised for it. Knew straight away he'd be in trouble. The arm was swinging and it made contact.

This was always likely to happen with him. Part of the risk of signing a player with a bad judiciary record, even though a few of them are jack ups.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I remember it now. He was clearly falling into the tackle. We may get a downgrade, but I doubt we will get a let off.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
There wasn't a hell of a lot in the tackle, but Ruben's record will make it worse. He was falling so it's worth contesting the charge.

Iafeta

Referee
I don't quite agree with the conspiracy theory, but its an interesting point you raise shaneh. Terry Hill leaps up and clobbers someone around the cheek causes a knock and a dazed player, gets nothing, Broncos player falls into arm that was about ribcage height gets no damage and Ruben gets 4 weeks.

Which do you think is worse? A bit of a simplistic approach, but I say the one leaping up or aiming for the melon.

Go figure.

Greenblooded

Juniors
I was surprised it was even put on report, the guy fell into it there is no way Wiki could have pulled out.

AuckMel

Bench
Hill never had enough prior points to get suspended.

Honestly, can anyone seriously say they weren't expecting this? Wiki only has to make contact with the head and he's in instant trouble. Doesn't matter if the players falling or not.

Skinner

Coach
A guilty plea gets him four weeks and sees him able to play the test.

A fight and a loss sees him out for longer and he misses the test.

If the Warriors franchise fights the charge and loses....the breach between
them and NZRL becomes even wider.

Interesting :|

Cheers
Skinner

Hulk Hogan

Juniors
AuckMel said:
Honestly, can anyone seriously say they weren't expecting this? Wiki only has to make contact with the head and he's in instant trouble. Doesn't matter if the players falling or not.

Guess it was only a matter of time for Wiki.
I was hoping it would'nt be so early in the season.
At least we have good front row back up.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
JoeD said:
Can he plead guilty but challenge the grading?

Challenging the grading would be proving guilt anyway. I wonder if it would be worth it. My guess is they'll try to fight it.

JoeD

First Grade
Grade 3 just seems incredibly harsh considering that people barely remember the incident.