What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Andrew Johns Retire from REP footy

Will Andrew Johns Retire from REP footy

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dont Know

• Total voters

mono_mal

Juniors
sorry roopy but i dont believe that.
i think he will retire from rep footy this year and then when his contract expires with the Knights, and pending fitness, he will sign with rugby union.
i will hate to see the day but think its bound to happen.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I suspect alot of NSW supporters are hoping he stays on......including me.......I want Kimmorley @ the Sharks during rep season.

roopy

Referee
mono_mal said:
sorry roopy but i dont believe that.
i think he will retire from rep footy this year and then when his contract expires with the Knights, and pending fitness, he will sign with rugby union.
i will hate to see the day but think its bound to happen.
His father would kill him - I'm not joking - he would literally kill him.

mono_mal

Juniors
i'm hoping thats the case roopy. you'd think so though being a true working class man being a miner in cessnock. definately not your union type.
its just all indications keep pointing to him joining union and he's made certain comments that just keep strengthening all the rumours.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Why would he want too, then again he is a great kicker. Can you imagine him passing then kicking then passing then kicking, and if he runs he has 9 forwards ready to smash him. What a waste of talent it would be.

bazza

Immortal
All those rumours about Barrett going to the Roosters were spot on so there is obviously no doubt John's will go to union.

yakstorm

First Grade
I'm surprised everyone is thinking Johns will go to Union. He has no Union background, will be 31 when the contract comes up for renewal, so it would be a real short term investment by the ARU, and next he has said for the last 4 years when he leaves the Knights he would love to play a few years in England for either Leeds or Wigan.

He wants a Challenge Cup victory alot more than to play for the Wallabies outside of World Cup periods.

knights 2004

Juniors
yakstorm hes 29 now, and hes off contract at the end of this year.

im a knights supporter and i hope 2004 is his last rep footy year.
id like to see him prolong his career as a knights player