What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Des's $10000 fine cover the cost of the two touchies visit to OPSM?

mickdo

Coach
Hopefully that shuts up the Manly whingers. It should be noted that the video ref box had a power failure at the start of the game, so that's why they were unable to go upstairs on the Manly try.

Glenn

First Grade
Hopefully that shuts up the Manly whingers. It should be noted that the video ref box had a power failure at the start of the game, so that's why they were unable to go upstairs on the Manly try.

I hightly doubt it mickdo, maybe we should ask for the opinion of Des Hasler.
As for the power failure, blame the Stadium Trust for trying to save money. :lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

The only thing that will shut up whinging of a particular play (from any team's fan base) is the following week when a whole new set of c**k ups happen.

Des is a smart coach, sure he came out and blasted the refs, but I don't think he'll be spending much time worrying about it once training starts again. He'll be more focused on the team twice conceding winning leads and rectifying that.

Will be interesting to see what happens against the Knights who have the backs and style of play to score quick points if they switch off around the 60 min mark again.

Parra Steve

Juniors
the touchie wasnt the only one who had a shocker, there were 3 other officals that had shockers as well.

eagles4eva

Coach
I laughed my ass off when that try was awarded, how can a pass like that not be picked up, the fact that Manly blew such a lead is the issue, 2 weeks in a row (maybe fitness is a issue) My whinge is the constant mistakes and interpretations of penalties by the refs.

fowlster

Juniors
The only thing that will shut up whinging of a particular play (from any team's fan base) is the following week when a whole new set of c**k ups happen.

Des is a smart coach, sure he came out and blasted the refs, but I don't think he'll be spending much time worrying about it once training starts again. He'll be more focused on the team twice conceding winning leads and rectifying that.

Will be interesting to see what happens against the Knights who have the backs and style of play to score quick points if they switch off around the 60 min mark again.

I agree KTF.....

Des will not dwell on a particular poor reffing decision for too long.
The main issue is defensively switching off. They're going to need new tackle bags this week out Manly way.

Eels Dude

Coach
i can't see why with all the technology available in the game today why the vid ref can't rule on a forward pass?

all they need are lines running parralell to the lines on the field.
if the ball travels forward from the point it was released, then its obviously a forward pass. whether it floated forward after being passed backward is just bad luck.

a forward pass is a forward pass!

That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. That's the reason why the rule was removed in the first place. Do you know nothing about momentum???

If A player is running at full speed and passes the ball it's always going to travel forward. Try lobbing a tennis ball out of a moving car and watch where it lands.

Unless it comes forward out of the hands it's not a forward pass.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They'll be hitting those bags hard for sure.

Not sure what's caused the clock off. I can't see it being fitness with Des as the coach. Perhaps just a mental let down after doing the hard yards and establishing a strong lead.

I still think there are more positive signs for Manly than bad (injuries aside of course).

Fui!!!

Juniors
The useless Touchie should be sacked for the yr and sent to the bush.

Shane Hayne also, Cayless and Matt Keating called for him to go upstairs for the obstruction after the first try.

Hayne brushed them off and awarded the try.

mickdo

Coach
Shane Hayne also, Cayless and Matt Keating called for him to go upstairs for the obstruction after the first try.

Hayne brushed them off and awarded the try.

There was a power failure in the video ref box at the start of the game. They couldn't go upstairs.

cupid

Juniors
That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. That's the reason why the rule was removed in the first place. Do you know nothing about momentum???

If A player is running at full speed and passes the ball it's always going to travel forward. Try lobbing a tennis ball out of a moving car and watch where it lands.

Unless it comes forward out of the hands it's not a forward pass.
It lands behind.

Eels Dude

Coach
It lands behind.

As rockwheel said.

It will land behind the car obviously as the car is moving still, but it will land ahead of from where it was thrown from or dropped. Hence the reason why you can't just use parrallel lines as a way of determining whether a pass has been thrown forward or not. It takes no count of momentum.

Fui!!!

Juniors
There was a power failure in the video ref box at the start of the game. They couldn't go upstairs.

Really?

You'd think they'd have back up generators in this day and age. Imagine if that happened in the Grand Final.

Bazal

Post Whore
I wonder how Des felt about the (now acknowledged) obstruction for Manly's first try...I was stunned he didn't mention that :roll:

The refs were sh*t, but they didn't decide the game. They killed us in the first half and killed Manly in the second. Des should worry more about the fact that his side gave up a 20 point lead in as many minutes...

Garts

Bench
I wonder how Des felt about the (now acknowledged) obstruction for Manly's first try...I was stunned he didn't mention that :roll:

The refs were sh*t, but they didn't decide the game. They killed us in the first half and killed Manly in the second. Des should worry more about the fact that his side gave up a 20 point lead in as many minutes...

They probably would not have admitted to the obstruction mistake if it was not for the forward pass at the end. We all know how Finch rarely admits to any mistakes, even if they are obvious. He could admit to the forward pass as it could be cancelled out with obstruction ruling so all is good in their eyes.

Latest posts