What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will It Really Rival GTA?

Cupid Stunt

http://www.25tolife.com/

Not to many games grab my attention before release that aren't part of a series due to everything supposedly being the next best thing. But for those who like the GTA this is getting some serious kudos. I have to say the preview is mighty purty & anytime you can prolong the games life, in this case by playing as a cop or a crim, the better.

Due out in Oz around June-ish... well so I'm told. :roll:

I had never played a GTA game sit San Adreas.....boy was I missing out.

I'd go out and get the Double pack for the X-Box but it STILL costs $100! :x

This game does look good.

will have 2 wait and see on this 1... GTA is a garuntee'd buy in my books....

looks aiiight! BUT True Crime: Streets of LA was meant 2 be a GTA killa n i think not...

Any1 played Mercenaries.... that comes close 2 a gta killa but lacks a bit

Phillips

Referee
formally_known_as_PONGIA said:

looks aiiight! BUT True Crime: Streets of LA was meant 2 be a GTA killa n i think not...

i thought True Crime was better then GTA......

Munky

Coach
SA will be released on Xbox in June which will be great as the PS2 version (which I own, fanboys) just has to many technical problems.

Cupid Stunt

Munky said:
SA will be released on Xbox in June which will be great as the PS2 version (which I own, fanboys)...

Tell 'em Steve-Dave! :lol:

I'm with you Pongia, True Crime was a let down after all the hype which is why I wont buy in to this one, but it does look tempting...

Azkatro

First Grade
Phillips said:

i thought True Crime was better then GTA......

Shame nobody else thinks so. I tried to trade in True Crime and EB won't have a bar of it. It's on their exclusion list, worth $7 apparently!

MC DUI

Juniors

Playing Mercenaries on my PS2 at the moment, I'm having a fairly good time playing it. It seems as though it will get repetitive fairly easily but then again you could say that about GTA as well.

I love rocking up to a biff with the North Koreans and hijacking one of their tanks, then blasting the sh!te out of everything with their own tank! :p

I'm really getting into Call of Duty it's the most realistic WW2 shooter i've ever played! No use running at machine gun nests spraying bullets wildly like some other games you will have to take cover and crawl to get close enough to take them out without getting your head blown off.

Sean7

Juniors
Mercenaries is far superior to GTA.

The driving in GTA is good, but when on foot the game is shakier than a Luke burt tackle.

Mercenaries is superb all-round. The on foot combat is as good as any third person shooter, the driving is very good and the physics in every aspect are awesome. It doesn't feel anywhere as stiff as GTA and to top it all off, it looks better too.

essentially any games that come out in the "crime genre" are gonna be like say another company trying 2 compete with EA and its madden series...
Rockstar just have it locked down.... been doing it from day 1 and know wat they are doing

just think about GTA 4 on the PS3 and or XBox2.... GOD DAM!!!!

as far as developers go Pandemic (who made Mercs) are definately number 2 in my book... "destroy all humans" looks great... half GTA half mars attacks anyone heard of it?

Jordan

Juniors
I've never played GTA:SA, but I have GTA 3 and Vice City, and I have to say that it is pretty overrated..

It's a good concept and all, but I think a better developer could have done more with it...

Was SA still real glitchy?... like can you still drive straight through lamp posts and stuff?

Iafeta

Referee
No way Jordan, it's da bomb.

I'm not into these sorts of games, but I played for weeks and weeks and weeks and weeks. You certainly can't drive through lamp posts.

San Andreas is friggen awesome. This 25 to Life looks pretty good, too.