What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kennedy : Porter-Gallen medallist for 2021

R-15-3

Bench
yeah I don't see his defence being that bad, not sure what you're seeing.

It obviously can improve and probably his biggest improvement area but it's only his second season of footy but saying it very bad is an odd one.
It’s in our 20 where he fails to read the play, he was the 1 player I watched closely when we where defending our line all season.

The top fullbacks you watch can see where the attack is heading and you can see them move across field from the ruck with speed to put themselves in position to take the grubber and get back in the field of play, knock it dead before a try, be that extra defender coming across to allow for others to slide more or rush in with the fullback covering, that last line of defence to hold a player up and push back.

Those are the plays where Kennedy was 1 second away from making a difference countless times all season long.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No surprise at all, easily our best.

In fact, I expect him Cleary and Tom T to top the Dally Ms

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
It’s in our 20 where he fails to read the play, he was the 1 player I watched closely when we where defending our line all season.

The top fullbacks you watch can see where the attack is heading and you can see them move across field from the ruck with speed to put themselves in position to take the grubber and get back in the field of play, knock it dead before a try, be that extra defender coming across to allow for others to slide more or rush in with the fullback covering, that last line of defence to hold a player up and push back.

Those are the plays where Kennedy was 1 second away from making a difference countless times all season long.
I was watching him pretty closely all year and I felt his positional play was one of his biggest areas of improvement this year…. Diffused countless grubbers. Gotta agree to disagree on this one I guess. His handling of the high ball was also excellent. Last year he was good for at least one brain fart per game. This year you didn’t shit yourself when he was under the high ball even when pressured. Then again I might be biased….. I’ve always had a massive opinion of him. Have the same feeling about Tricky tbh.

shadowboxer

First Grade
He and Williams top of the pops - which is massive considering both were considered rank average post last season by most, myself included.
Best thing about Wills improvement is that he almost has a Peachy swagger about him - oozing confidence a plenty