What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Kikau take a hit up in his own half? And other grand final questions..

This rule was brought in for Billy Slater style kicks at the ball which risk injury.

My memory is Matthew Ridge was one of the first players to execute this, which was hotly debated at the time. Can't remember when using the foot/leg at the ball carried by the attacker became a "rule" etc. I thought it was long before slater was on the scene but could be wrong.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Kikau looked the most likely to win the game for Penrith. Unfortunately, he ended up the most likely to lose the game for Penrith.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Kikau looked the most likely to win the game for Penrith. Unfortunately, he ended up the most likely to lose the game for Penrith.

Yep he was the danger man for me, Storm struggle with offloads, he could have torn them apart. Instead he tore the panthers fans hearts apart. Hopefully he comes back better and not broken.

Perth Red

Post Whore
My memory is Matthew Ridge was one of the first players to execute this, which was hotly debated at the time. Can't remember when using the foot/leg at the ball carried by the attacker became a "rule" etc. I thought it was long before slater was on the scene but could be wrong.

It was, Ridge was a master of it, but in true Storm bashing fashion it was all the Storms fault and why the rule had to change lol

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Yep he was the danger man for me, Storm struggle with offloads, he could have torn them apart. Instead he tore the panthers fans hearts apart. Hopefully he comes back better and not broken.

Yeah, he has that excellent balance of power and offloading. Unfortunately, he couldn't catch a thing on grand final night.