What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Langer and Paine be sacked?

Will Langer and Paine be sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Paine goes Starc and Lyon should go as well.

650 wickets between them and they did f**k all.
Lyon's average shows he is and always has been average. Maybe Starc surprises me but I think he is done too. A great bowler for many years but bowlers in his mould (Johnson, Lee etc) rarely maintain their peak deep into their 30s. Hazlewood and Cummins are more likely to age well like McGrath, Anderson etc.

Fangs

Coach
No.

Langer has some credits left. Paine less so but I doubt he is finished yet.

No.

Since ball-tampering they both help rebuild the team and went on to retain the ashes in England, something we haven’t done in decades before.. and without being the arseholes we’d been under Lehmann previously.

Series losses against India have been tough, but India are a true force in all formats these days. T20 is a lottery and losing to Bangladesh - I couldn’t be less bothered about.

Given Covid bubbles on world cricket in the last 18 months it’s had enormous effects, more that most sports.

Finally, there’s no legitimately better options out there for either job right now. Especially the captaincy.

simmo1

First Grade
Langer won't last. The players are off him and his results have been poor. The team has relied on Smith and Cummins for years. Marnus is the only player who has shown any improvement under Langer.

Paine will retire by the end of the Ashes no matter the result.