What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Broncos miss the 8?

Disco

Bench
Its a big call, but there on 26 points and face Storm, Bulldogs, Parra & the Warriors

tough run, and i don't think its out of the realms of possibilty that they could lose them all and miss the 8

Mr Saab

Referee
They will do a 2003 and make 8th spot, waste of time though, go down to melbourne and get done by 20 plus.

Rovelli

Bench
The Warriors game is probably the most winnable for the Broncos, but the Warriors always tend to lift for Broncos' games, not to mention having nothing to lose...

Sugar

Bench
if they do make which i think they will the way they are playin they wont last
past week one

Rovelli

Bench
They could be re-visiting 2003 all over again.

IIRC, they were leading the comp at origin time, and fell off.

petetheileet

First Grade
hapens all the time...will just scrape into the 8 and get hammered...when was the last finals match they won???

Rovelli

Bench
petetheileet said:
hapens all the time...will just scrape into the 8 and get hammered...when was the last finals match they won???

I stand corrected on this, but: 2002

In '03, they were 8th, Panthers got'em
In '04, they were 3rd, lost to Storm, lost to Cowboys a week alter
In '05, they were 3rd again, lost to Storm again, lost to Tigers a week after

aussies1st

Staff member
If they make the 8 they will be in dam good form to beat the 3 form sides and their bogey team.

t-ba

Post Whore
I reckon they need to not make the 8. Bennett's past it I'm afraid...He's overseen both Australia's and the Broncos demise (Though admittedly he built the Broncos).

pantherz9103

First Grade
They only need one more win to make the 8 I'd say. Other teams have lost below them. But surely if they come 7th or 8th they'll bow out in week one.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Put it this way we probally will make it, but jeez changes are needed. Hunt coming back will help a bit.

Rovelli

Bench
I still think there is too much pride in the jersey for them to miss the playoffs.

When was the last time they missed it, if ever? (I'm a young buck..)

pantherz9103

First Grade
The Broncos last missed the finals in 1991 when it was a top five. They came 7th winning 13 out of 22 matches. They were a much better side than the current broncos team, they just had a bad run with injuries and rep duty the middle of that year.

The 1991 side included the likes of Alfie Langer, Kevin Walters and it was the last year of big Gene Miles who did not play in their first title of 1992.

2003 is actually the Broncos worst season to date even though they made the finals. They won only 12 and lost 13 (including finals), the only season the Broncos have lost more games than they have won.

pantherz9103

First Grade
In fact on reflection there were some really good teams back in the early 1990's when it was a real challenge to make the final five. These days relatively pooey teams scrape into 7th or 8th and get flogged for the 1st or 2nd teams match practice!

With Karmichael hunt coming back in Round 25 we should make the 8. but just wondering about michael ennis as there are rumours he will be back for the finals :oops: :oops: :oops:

Latest posts