What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Peach be at his best this year?

MightySharks

Bench
Hi Sharks fans new here this is my first post, lived in Shire my hole life 27ys old, go to around 20 games a year, season seat holder 5yrs Sharks supporter for life Dragons disliker also for life.

My question is do you think the Peach has got much to offer this year and will he get back somewhere close to his best?

I think running of his old mate Dykes and also Kimmorley I am hopeful he can return to his old days playing of the top of his head and letting it come naturally the Peach doesn't like structure like he had with Anderson. I also am hopeful our new 5/8 Halfback combination will create more for Vagana which will see him return to the top of the NRL tryscoring list!

My tip Sharks 5th!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
you cant get much better than he played last year.
I hate to think how bad our year would have been without Stevo & Peach.

Peach was a top try scorer in a team that came 11th & with a winger on one side who missed twice as many tackles that he made, & nearly all of the misses turned into trys for the opposition.
You cant hold a good footballer down.
he will want to play for ever & his best is ahead of him.

imasharkie

Coach
Yep as long as Raper lets the Peach do as he likes he'll be like we all remember him. He plays best when he or the team don't know what he's gonna do when in possesion of the ball. I luv it when he runs accross field because no one knows what he's up to and BANG thru a gap he zips.

MightySharks

Bench
Peach was a top try scorer in a team that came 11th
you cant get much better than he played last year

I think Peach was at his best sometimes last year he was on fire in 4 or 5 games I would like to see him a bit more consistant though.
Wasn't Vagana top tryscore lasy year? I think he got 12, Rieck who I think we may miss(leading line breaks too) got 10 and the Peach 9!

Mighty Sharks welcome to the forum and a good first up post.

The Peach caused plenty of debate on this forum last year.
But that is what this forum is about.
We don't have to agree with one another but everyone gets to have their say.

I'm sure Peachey would be one of the first to admit that his form has been way down in the past two seasons. Because of injuries, personal problems, restrictive coaches or dare I say it AGE. He's no spring chicken anymore for a backline player. You won't be seeing him run the length of the field nor making those dazzling runs from kick returns. In fact he had the worst metres game by any fullback in the NRL last year. That is a fact.

I think the improvement to the team this year will certainly take some pressure off him and maybe less to worry about as far as traffic coming at him with a better defensive structure and technique by his teamates. But he realised when he signed this smallish contract that people weren't worried if he retired or stayed last year. Which means he'll have to perform or end his career unfortunately in Premier League.

He cannot reach the peak of form like his younger days, that can't physically happen. E.T was the most superior athlete ever to put on a Sharks jersey and even he didn't end his career nowhere near his speed and strength of his younger days. But the peach can do a steady job for us if he's mind is clear of last years rubbish. He's still great under the high ball. Can have a defence in two minds with ball in hand and most of all is unpredictable which is a defensive nightmare for opposition teams.

I think Dykes back in the side we'll help him a great deal. They worked off each other well in the good old days. The extra organising being done by another player will allow him to float around a lot more and pop up when defences least expect it. The Peach 10 metres out from the opposition line is still dangerous as ever. This is maybe where he can dominate again.

MightySharks

Bench

Thanks for the welcome champ! I agree with all your comments. I guess time will tell in the end but I am hopeful we will see some good things. I am looking foward to round one that first catch if he runs foward normally that means the peach is on, if he waits for support mate that always worries me!

Alan Shore

First Grade
Peach was such a defensive asset for us last year, and has been since Anderson took over when we started making too many missed tackles. There would have been more 74-4s without Peach's efforts.

Cupid Stunt

MightySharks said:
Hi Sharks fans new here this is my first post, lived in Shire my hole life 27ys old, go to around 20 games a year, season seat holder 5yrs Sharks supporter for life Dragons disliker also for life.

Sharkman05 said:
I attend 20 games of year, I have no problem with the "army", I do have a problem with the smart arse answers I get from this forum all for asking a simple question If I was a Dragons supporter by all means hammer me I would deserve it
but I thought Sharks fans were better than that! Thats why I bite don't say I don't respect people maybe have a look in the mirror It was the members of this forum that started this not me

You dont know Sharkman05 do you? :lol:

MightySharks

Bench
Cupid Stunt said:
MightySharks said:

Sharkman05 said:
I attend 20 games of year, I have no problem with the "army", I do have a problem with the smart arse answers I get from this forum all for asking a simple question If I was a Dragons supporter by all means hammer me I would deserve it
but I thought Sharks fans were better than that! Thats why I bite don't say I don't respect people maybe have a look in the mirror It was the members of this forum that started this not me

You dont know Sharkman05 do you? :lol:
No Mate I don't only got my home pc up and running yesterday. What makes you think I am him? I am sure that I am not the only Sharks fan to attend 20 games a year? What was said to make him so angry?

Cupid Stunt

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said I thought you were him MS, he just went postal for a day & the 20 games bit just stuck which is why I asked.

No harm, unless... :p

shadowboxer

First Grade
mightysharks, live long and prosper, lets hope the sharks can do the same. It should be a good year, i am feeling better this year than the last in the pre-season. On the topic of peach, heres hoping he stays consistent as dave simmonds is playing teachers pet and bringing mr raper an apple to training every day.

Not long til the beer fueled mayhem of the hill returns.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
what about the write up Dave simmons got in the profiles.
I have no doubt Simmo is a good runner. Excellent runner.
But to say he had a good season, is appauling.

He also finished the year dropped.

Dorsel

Juniors
I stood with The Peach for three quarters of the game @ Lismore. He's really relaxed and and looking forward to the season. He said the sides been training really well during the off and he's pretty sparked up with the new buys in the pack......Bring it on!!!

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
he's pretty sparked up with the new buys in the pack
I hope to see him sniffing around looking for the offload then.

Peach's form will reflect how well the front line defends.

steveshark

----
Dragon Slayer said:

The Peach caused plenty of debate on this forum last year.
But that is what this forum is about.
We don't have to agree with one another but everyone gets to have their say.

I'm sure Peachey would be one of the first to admit that his form has been way down in the past two seasons. Because of injuries, personal problems, restrictive coaches or dare I say it AGE. He's no spring chicken anymore for a backline player. You won't be seeing him run the length of the field nor making those dazzling runs from kick returns. In fact he had the worst metres game by any fullback in the NRL last year. That is a fact.

I think the improvement to the team this year will certainly take some pressure off him and maybe less to worry about as far as traffic coming at him with a better defensive structure and technique by his teamates. But he realised when he signed this smallish contract that people weren't worried if he retired or stayed last year. Which means he'll have to perform or end his career unfortunately in Premier League.

He cannot reach the peak of form like his younger days, that can't physically happen. E.T was the most superior athlete ever to put on a Sharks jersey and even he didn't end his career nowhere near his speed and strength of his younger days. But the peach can do a steady job for us if he's mind is clear of last years rubbish. He's still great under the high ball. Can have a defence in two minds with ball in hand and most of all is unpredictable which is a defensive nightmare for opposition teams.

I think Dykes back in the side we'll help him a great deal. They worked off each other well in the good old days. The extra organising being done by another player will allow him to float around a lot more and pop up when defences least expect it. The Peach 10 metres out from the opposition line is still dangerous as ever. This is maybe where he can dominate again.
Great post - I already have said I hope it is Peach's last year - but one really to remember!!!!!