What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the Warriors make the 8???

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't see a reason to panic. Look at Cronulla in 2002, went from last after about 9 or 10 rounds to finish 4th. They could get on a winning run soon enough, they have the quality side to do so.

AuckMel

Bench
Broncos, Dragons, Panthers, Sea Eagles, Knights, and the Bulldogs next. 5 out of 6 of those teams will be fighting for a spot in the 8, 4 of them possibly vying for a place in the top 4. It's not exactly an easy start to the year.

They team is too good not to turn it around. The signs are already there. Two crucial decisions hurt them tonight. They could just as easily have won tonight with an ounce of luck.

carlnz

Bench
The warriors areonly two points off the top 8....its a bit unrealistic to say who will make and who wont at this stage.....you watch the Sharks will bounch back aswell!!

But i really think the salary cap is working, when was the last time in the nrl that after 5 rounds every team has won a game and lost a game??

The warriors got the bulldogs next week in wellington...should be one hell of a game...hopefully Lauaki is back...and please drop murphy and bring in Manu Vatuvei!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
They will make the 8, at least. It is a 26 round competition.

Who givesa f**k bout the warriors....Darryl halligan n his dropkick mates on tvnz thats who......its like a trip back to the 70's when these derros pop up on my screen.
Im surprised they aint wearing black n grey beainies.What crap!

To start, it is a Sky commentary team, and we hate the pricks too.

AuckMel

Bench
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread started about the commentary team. I thought it was standard procedure after a Warriors match in NZ.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
They're shocking. I don't think anyone cares about them anymore. To be honest, i'd like a chance to commentate. I could do better than those clowns.

innsaneink

Referee
AuckMel said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread started about the commentary team. I thought it was standard procedure after a Warriors match in NZ.
I've seen the threads in the past and to be honest it doesnt deserve its own thread, just wanted to get that off my chest......They just annoy me that much....comments like:

*Jones kicks downfield.
"O'Davis will bring the kick back from near his own line, lets see what he's got."
*O'Davis gets tackled.....next comment:
"Nothing"
:roll:
Its like if he doesnt score a 90 metre try hes got nothing. Cmon....heard this garbage twice last nite.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
New Zealand hates them. Australia hates them.

Sky loves them. Get rid of Costigan, McIvor, etc. On Friday i wanted buildup and information about the Roosters/Broncos. Instead, everything related back to the Warriors. Piss off. I can hear about the Warriors when they play. Cant they just show us the Channel 9 buildup?

Sick to the back teeth.

thickos

First Grade
Back to the footy..... 1-4 isnt the best way to start a season but they still have the cattle to turn it around. I love watching them play when they're on fire but they've just lacked that 'x factor' which has been so good for them in the past few yrs. They need to string a few wins together because if they're 4-9 or something at the halfway mark they'll be pushing it uphill to make the 8....then again this comp is so close its all about position not points!

Iafeta

Referee
They can, but it comes down to heart and determination. Along with a few other clubs, they have one of the most talented rosters assembled this year. Huge potential.

Currently they're playing without heart and courage. They look hugely unfit. Jones was once a genius, now he's an also ran with a great kicking game. He never runs anymore, he never takes the ball at the line and looks to start something. All he does is stand 5 metres back, catch the ball and distribute.

I can't believe they have ommitted Iafeta Paleaaesina from their 17, he at least wants to make a difference. Lauaki was huge the week before, as was Vinnie Anderson, their returns will matter. PJ Marsh's imminent return hopefully to five eighth where quite frankly Leuluai is playing like the kid he is will also take heat off Jones to make him see he doesn't have to be the sole kicker, and can try his running game.

Any squad with Brent Webb, Francis Meli, Clinton Toopi, Lance Hohaia, Stacey Jones, Awen Guttenbeil, Ali Lauitiiti, Sione Faumuina, Richard Villasanti, Jerry Seu Seu, Tevita Latu, PJ Marsh, Monty Betham and that huge junior gathering can make the eight from 1-4. Its a matter of if they have the heart, I'm not so sure they do. Sad, but true. I'm as loyal to the Warriors as it comes, but I'm extremely worried by this (they played like this a lot in the middle of '03 but all everyone focusses on is the back end), there are too many trends, the defensive line speed is woeful, the lateral movement is woeful, the halves are lacking impotus to run the ball etc.

Take nothing away from the Dragons, Broncos, Panthers and Knights who have comfortably put the Warriors away, but the 2004 Warriors current performance is a poor immitation of what I expect and of what should be a bare minimum given their unparalleled ability.

Latest posts