What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will they? Wont they?

Well, is this it?
By this time next week will the Ashes be back with their rightfull owners, or will the renowned lack of Australian sportsmanship and ethics see it go down to the wire?

Will Harrigan be loyal to his passport and let the roos win, as he usually does, or is he man enough to be impartial?

Will the Roosscam of involving the courts of the host country pay off so continuing in the fine tradition of antipodean thuggery on the sports field ( Reember Ian Lucas anyone?).

Or will they just try and bully and whingetheir way to a win?

We'll see.

But at least they came, so International RL is still alive and as in Steven's case, kicking!

L

legend

Well you certainly got my attention mate.

Under Harrigan, who likes to stick to his ten metres, the Aussies will benefit greatly from the extra room to move. I saw enough last weekend to suggest the Kangaroos will be on top of their game and will give the gits a football lesson. The have dusted themselves off and are ready for a real challenge from the gits which is great for the international game.

If Johns has extra room to move the gits will suffer but the big question is whether the Australian forwards can muscle up to the thuggish pommy forwards and lay a platform for the backs. I for one will be glued to the tv as RL serves it up to the inferior code as Australia and France play out a 3-3 draw.

Topaz

Juniors
Hi MFbf, Sounds like your making a speech for your next posting, Why the BRITS LOST.

Hopefully
emwink.gif
It should be a great match.

Australia will be a 20% better side than in the first test and the 'wider' ten metres they will enjoy under Harrigan will help the playmakers to really get things happening.

The question isn't what Australia will do, everyone knows that Australia will be using their halves and backs in an attempt to spark an attacking onslaught. The question is, what does Waite have up his sleeve to match Australia? I think the pommies will really try to dominate the forward clash in an attempt to put us on the backfoot and nullify our backs.

Waite will give the GB players a game plan to beat Australia. If the players rise to the occassion, they will win. I hope they do, for the sake of the game.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thats the spirit Mr Five by five! A bit of biffo even before kickoff...! Good stuff !

By this time next week will the Ashes be back with their rightfull owners, or will the renowned lack of Australian sportsmanship and ethics see it go down to the wire?
Renown lack of Aust sportsmanship? Steady on! Need I remind you of the Bodyline series, Gallipolior Breaker Morant? Englishmen gentlemen sipping on tea while our lads were sent to the chopping block! You call that sportsmanship?

Will Harrigan be loyal to his passport and let the roos win, as he usually does, or is he man enough to be impartial?
Harrigan is a robot. He knows no pain and has no soul. He has made many enemies in Australia and is more than likely to beat up on our lads.

Will the Roosscam of involving the courts of the host country pay off so continuing in the fine tradition of antipodean thuggery on the sports field ( Reember Ian Lucas anyone?).
Who's Ian Lucas? Is he the Star Wars guy?
As for being thugs... you better believe it !!!!

Or will they just try and bully and whingetheir way to a win?
Oh they'll be intimidating allright but as far as whinging goes.... well, I think you've already got that one covered ol' mate...

5by5...You post has all the hallmarks of an epitaph.
Don't give up so easily... you're still a chance.

May the best team win.
emthup.gif

Both teams will be as thuggish as they can without totally losing the plot.
If they aren't then it wont be a test.
Harrigan will keep a good 10 for both teams that's a fact.
I am looking forward to seeing how David Waite has his team prepared for the big 10.
In the first test both sides were given a huge leeway in that area.
It will be interesting to see how the pommie 5/8 stacks up in a fast open and free flowing game.I for one believe, that given the oportunity to manouvre him to where he wants him, that Barretts renown brutal defense will smash him to a pulp.

G@v

Juniors
In a Radio interview Adam Macdougal brought up some interesting points:
He was impressed with the sheer size of the GB players. I agree, this present GB squad must be easily the biggest of all time.

He also said the crowd was terrific, it lifted the spirits of everyone on the field, and it was one of the most hostile he's very played infront of. You Aussies might think of Lang Park as being hostile, most of you haven't a clue what an hostile or partizan crowd is really like.

He was impressed with their fitness. He too was waiting for the 60 minute fade, and while some players did become less effective around that time, GB's stars got stronger. That issomething that's not in the script!

Latest posts