What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Tim Smith play SOO this year?

Mr Saab

Referee
RABK.
Johns is johns. Just his presence on the field alone boosts teams. Let alone what he does with the ball. No explanation needed there.
Matt Head, Orford, Finch, Kimmorley, Sherwin, Gower....they are all fine players, (well maybe not finch) but they dont have the Johns game. QLd halfbacks can match everyone of those players.
Once Johns is gone the tide will turn back to QLD. Just like how it went to NSW after Wally reitred 1991.

Mr Saab

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
????????

Gower, Kimmorley, Orford without even happening to think about it.

serious?????

Gower has shown he cant play rep football as a #7. Plus he may not even be here after this yr.
Kimmorley in orgin? please....have you seen him play in the sky blue?
Orford is good, but is no better than what QLD can offer these days. He doesnt scare me as a QLD supporter like Johns.

Smiley

Bench
Sir Knight82 said:
????????

Gower, Kimmorley, Orford without even happening to think about it.

Come on. Orford will never get a chance, Kimmorley should be playin for Premier League, I dont know how he got to play for Australia. We must have been desperate. and Gower No one will pick him after what happened. Plus there gettin on in years not like thurston, prince and smith who are at the begin of there careers. Face it you dont have any talented youngest not like Queensland.

RABK

Referee
I agree Saab, though i don't agree that the QLD halves have Matty head covered, he if given some finals experience, play a game for country and perhaps camps with the Origin team could really take his game to the next level. Just a shame about his injuries.

But yes, perhaps it wil lswing in QLD's favour....but not for long. The amount of halves NSW has that are dominating between the ages of 16-21 is amazing.

Players like Soward, Mullen, Carney, Sutton etc....they will be dominating star players for their respective clubs in a couple of years, some are already doing that. So i don't think it would be long before NSW start dominating.

Mr Saab

Referee
Maybe RABK.
Soward is too small for origin
Sutton will be a lock before too long
Mullen...eh....who knows.
Carney...no

QLD have depth in the 7 spot now. Not like the days when Shaun Berrigan was in the halves "shudders"

Smiley

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
But as long as Johns does play QLD don't have a chance in hell no matter what halves you select and you all know it.

No one capable of taking over Joey, there is no taking over a player like Johns...once in a lifetime player. But you've never head of Matty Head? Brilliant young player, i rate him very highly...he has as much natural talent as Prince or Thurston.

Matty Head is injury plagued wait till he's had a full season without injury before you throw him into the SOO. Theres no doubt he has talent but he wont be able to fill the gap that johns will leave.

rabs

Staff member
he definitely needs another season of first grade, he'll be there soon enough

Mr Saab said:
serious?????

Gower has shown he cant play rep football as a #7. Plus he may not even be here after this yr.
Kimmorley in orgin? please....have you seen him play in the sky blue?
Orford is good, but is no better than what QLD can offer these days. He doesnt scare me as a QLD supporter like Johns.

Gowers nothing spectacular but he is solid.
Kimmorley would have went alright if our forwards hadnt acted like a pack of f**king cats in Game 1.
Orford I reckon would go okay.

Obviously no one has Joey's impact, the guys a freak and no one can change a game like he can his just a natural.

sooperdooper

First Grade
his time will come. but in saying that if he is the best number 7 come SOO why not??
we cant expevt all rookies or 2nd year players thrown in the arena

Mr Saab

Referee
Sir Knight82 said:
Gowers nothing spectacular but he is solid.
Kimmorley would have went alright if our forwards hadnt acted like a pack of f**king cats in Game 1.
Orford I reckon would go okay.

Obviously no one has Joey's impact, the guys a freak and no one can change a game like he can his just a natural.

gower is solid, but solid doesnt cut it in origin.
Kimmorley has had many goes in origin and has failed each time.
In 2000 he went ok, but really, in game one NSW were lucky (thanks no "knock on" Harrigan). Game 2 NSW were playing avg until Johns came on and they blew QLD out. Game 3 was just a joke.
Game 1 2001 he played crap
Game 2 2001 he didnt play and NSW hammered QLD
Game 3 2001 he came back and again played crap.
Game 1 2005 his kicking game was atrocious.
Kimmorley should go to "origins annonymous" as he cant step up to that level.

Orford is not getting any younger and is also "solid"

QLD have the edge in the halves.

Y2Eel

First Grade
he's only behind thursten for the QLD gig atm...prince is nowhere near them for the number 7 job....

wittyfan said:
I believe a Witt/Smith halves combo will restore Queensland to glory in coming years.

Do you also believe in the tooth fairy?

Smith will get his chance in a few yrs but for now Prince & Thurston have the job covered.

wittyfan

Referee
No, I actually don't believe in the tooth fairy.

Just wait a few years and I will be right. :)

Hurriflatch

Referee
I said this in an eariler thread

Unless both Prince and Thurston are out Smith won't play in the 1st 2 games

but if the 3rd game is a nothing match (ie one team has won both the 1st 2 games) then I'm fully expecting to see Smith named, maybe on the bench rather then starting but in the side all the same.

Hellsy

Immortal
There is plenty of time for Tim to make SOO. I don't want him to even think about that this year.
If by some freak of nature both Prince and Thurston are injured and he is the best option then so be it

KevinArnold

Juniors
I'd like to think he can. He has the ability and is far from "average at best". I'm a fan of players being picked on the "current season" form, not what they've done the previous years.

So yeah, he's a chance for sure.

Latest posts