What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will tonight be all too much?

Utey

Coach
I was in deep thought last night and started to think whether tonight's game will be all too much for our Eels. Over the last few weeks, we've seen Jarryd become our go too man and lot of dependence was/is placed on his shoulders. For us to fire, we need him at his best. It'll be a matter of time before an opposition coach works him out and shuts him out of the game.

In saying that, we have Mateo who will ease the pressure slightly and can come up with that miracle ball, lets hope he doesn't push the pass when it's not needed because Penrith will make us pay.

I just not entirely confident that our boys have the mental strength to win after last weeks tough, grinding game. I'm thinking the tank might be nearing empty and a lot of people may be very disappointed at full time...

I can see where you are coming from.... I have the same doubts. One pleasing aspect is that we didn't play that well and still beat the Tigers.

Other player will have to step up and carry the load from Jarryd. Thank goodness Mateo is back, he might just give us a that extra boom boom pow....

inu is starting to find some good form, we have reddy who can find holes and burt who has also been good. We have enough good players in the team to help hayne.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the situation is quite simple, if tonight is too much for us than lets pack up and come back next year, we've put ourselves in a position where we can't slip at all and we can only blame ourselves for it, it's now really time to harden the f**k up or go home. We've done well up until tonight so it should go ok.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was in deep thought last night and started to think whether tonight's game will be all too much for our Eels. Over the last few weeks, we've seen Jarryd become our go too man and lot of dependence was/is placed on his shoulders. For us to fire, we need him at his best. It'll be a matter of time before an opposition coach works him out and shuts him out of the game.

In saying that, we have Mateo who will ease the pressure slightly and can come up with that miracle ball, lets hope he doesn't push the pass when it's not needed because Penrith will make us pay.

I just not entirely confident that our boys have the mental strength to win after last weeks tough, grinding game. I'm thinking the tank might be nearing empty and a lot of people may be very disappointed at full time...

I stopped reading after this bit

Gronk

Staff member
no - we'll win

I have no doubt we will win tonight and make the 8. Thereafter I am not super confident about our chances.

Some how I would like to win vs Panthers, lose vs Dragons (the loss that we had to have), then finish in 7th spot to play the Doggies @ ANZ. ;-)

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Whats everyone worried about Panthers defense has more holes then swiss cheese, Hayne is going to run a muck. Go you eels:thumb

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
We are more prepared mentally then the panthers. We went through a semi-final type game last week against the Tigers, where as panthers demolished the Bunnies...

We will win because the pressure will get to the panthers.

forward pass

Coach
History says we do not seem to do well when we are getting heaps of publicity. Not sure why but we are much better when we fly under the radar. Seeing D Morts on the footy show last night made me feel a little uneasy.

jono

Juniors
In the words of the immortal Gus Mercurio Gould "NO NO NO NO NO !"
We will WIN this thing tonight , the boys by their own admission played flat last week and still manage to eek out a win . If they can regain the focus of the games v Dogs , Knights Warriors and even Broncos , They will withstand nearly everything the Penny Panthers can throw at them , and reply with more than enough attack.

slippy

Juniors
I see where you are coming from and have had similar thoughts myself..

However, focussing on Hayne is the worst thing they can do, almost our whole team can split them apart if the Panthers arent 100% switched on. The key to this game lies in a consistent team effort, which I think we are more likely to produce. We are primed for this game due to the testing conditions last week, I have faith in DA preparing us correctly, and I think we will get the job done.

Eels 36 - 10

bartman

Immortal
I'm really expectingthis game could go either way.

I'm not too confident of the result, and am preparing myself for the long drive home should the Panthers get up and (effectively) end our season, rather than us effectively ending theirs.

backpage

Juniors
Last week's game was taxing, both mentally and physically and it will be hard to back up from it. I am also worried about the hype around the Eels (Hayne really) at the moment...adds unnecessary pressure. At the end of the day, I think we are a much better team and Panther's defence has more holes than Augusta National....eels by plenty

jono

Juniors
I'm really expectingthis game could go either way.

I'm not too confident of the result, and am preparing myself for the long drive home should the Panthers get up and (effectively) end our season, rather than us effectively ending theirs.

Bartman , glass half full - not half empty!!!!!!!

Us 28 them 12

carpe

Juniors
I for myself is satisifiued with what EELS have achieved this season. I mean we were gone. Coming from the brink of woodne spoon to be a contender for grand final is a huge achievment. Thanks to Anderson and Eels. They have been outstanding. I think for me whatever comes from now on is simply bonus to me. I would love to see EEL going all the way. But there is fatigue factor which is going to catch up with the team. How they handle is probably make us to final 8.
I think we were brilliant in the park. We have shown other clubs how to play exciting footy. We have better things to come next season.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Regardless of the result tonight, the guys have done a fantastic job of turning our season around. It sure beats winning the wooden spoon.

The Colonel

Immortal
History says we do not seem to do well when we are getting heaps of publicity. Not sure why but we are much better when we fly under the radar. Seeing D Morts on the footy show last night made me feel a little uneasy.

At some stage the team are going to have to learn to live with the limelight and they have had as much exposure this week as they have had in recent weeks - I think the Tigers game had more exposure due to Sheens hiding away his team.

A big home crowd can only help keep things travelling forwards.

Latest posts