What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will we be implicated in this doping scandal?

Big Tim

First Grade
4 teams named in the media so far.

3 with ties to Dank, and us.

I would assume that the Wicks/Houston thing was a red flag for the authorities, otherwise they could be sniffing around for something else.

Keep positive lads. This could be our big chance to clear our name for good after the Wicks scandal. At least as far as we have restarted from scratch under Bennett.

Pika

Bench
Edit, this first line might create unnecessary hysteria.... Apologies.

How far back does the investigation go?

Hanscholo

Bench
If we get to sit out this crisis i am going to buy some popcorn and sit back and enjoy it. We are usually at the epicentre of this shit.

Hopefully if we had any players involved in dodgy activities in the past they would have got their wake-up call after the Wicks Houston affair

eozsmiles

Bench
4 teams named in the media so far.

3 with ties to Dank, and us.

I would assume that the Wicks/Houston thing was a red flag for the authorities, otherwise they could be sniffing around for something else.

You guys have all read the court reports from the Wicks case. Part of his defence was that the slang term the cops alleged referred to illicit drugs actually referred to "supps", meaning supplements (amongst other things). As we all know, and as was illustrated in the Massoud (sic) article today, every time there is a decent drug bust they find steroids too.

That's the "flag" as such. And it shows how ambiguous the ACC deal could be. It is easy to say that sport in Australia is linked with crime - they can point to the Wicks case and go to any boxing night. But it is also a distinct possibility that the people Wicks (and any other dodgy sports person) has dealt with are having their links examined for good reason. If they find some evidence of players from any club having links to crime, then you can bet the Wicks links will be given the rubber glove once more. And Wicks is linked to plenty of players at a couple of clubs.

I just hope that those 'Ring Gids' phone calls dont impacts us, or Kurt. We have had way too many 1 step forward and 2 steps back off seasons. We are a resilient mob us knights fans, but if we are implicated in some sort of way it will be tough to come back from it.

Spot On

Coach
Edit, this first line might create unnecessary hysteria.... Apologies.

How far back does the investigation go?

Just read the report. They have cited an example of a rugby union player (in a state union comp) as the addressee of 5 vials of GHRP-6 in Oct 2010.

knightsarmy

Juniors
I just hope that those 'Ring Gids' phone calls dont impacts us, or Kurt. We have had way too many 1 step forward and 2 steps back off seasons. We are a resilient mob us knights fans, but if we are implicated in some sort of way it will be tough to come back from it.

If I was Kurt I wouldn't be taking my top off

God-King Dean

Immortal
An unlikely spruiker, the gravel-voiced Rugby League legend Darren Lockyer admits he had a negative opinion about coal seam gas until he signed a three-year contract with Origin Energy's Australia Pacific LNG project.

:lol:

An unlikely spruiker, the gravel-voiced Rugby League legend Darren Lockyer admits he had a negative opinion about coal seam gas until he signed a three-year contract with Origin Energy's Australia Pacific LNG project.

:lol:

I found that quote funny as well. Not sure what it has to do with this thread.

Latest posts