What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

williams and raston going

hotdogs

Juniors
just heard the other day that raston may be leaving and going to the tigers. apparently though raiders don't want him to leave-probably won't release him. and williams wants to go back to cronulla-apparently hates is down here and wants to go back to sydney and the sharks, but apparently he hasn;t yet spoken to the raiders to see if they will release him too.
i suppose some of the younger ones are going to be discouraged after the raiders signed such big names eg bickerstaff, costigan, logan. i'd go to if i was them. should be interesting to see what happens over the off season, i think we might see a few more kahler likes asking for releases from their contracts.

jed

First Grade
Good way to cut some of the dead-wood from the squad who realistically don't have a chance of making 1st grade unless there's injuries to the top players and the 2nd-string players who've been kept as coverage.

I can think of a few who might be looking elsewhere ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
interesting
Raston id much prefer to keep. Williams im not fussed about. But then again, Miller, Weyman, Thurling, Thompson, Logan, spose we could afford not to have Raston, but given Weyman and Thurling's injury history, Raston may well come in handy

thickos

First Grade
Why did Raston fall so heavily out of favour this year - from the first three FG games to bench of PL???

Also I don't believe Williams 'hates it' in Canberra - we saved his career IMO so I would imagine he would be grateful for a start (and a salary) with the Raiders.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
hotdogs has always been spot on in the past though, hasn't he?

i cant recall being led astray by his scoops,
he generally comes here, says what he has to say and pisses off till next time he has some news, parra pete could learn alot from him ;-)

interesting indeed

Edwahu

Bench
Raston has obviously got a very good offer. Tigers are desperate for props and he isnt far from been a good one. He should be in first grade reckoning for next season, if he isnt then he should be allowed to leave.

aussies1st

Staff member
Ratson's first game of the season showed the promise he has. Williams would be good to keep but meh if he goes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill say this much
the tigers would be getting a much better prop in Raston, then they got in
"Hardman" O'Hara

hotdogs

Juniors
legend said:
He's a weiner if you ask me.

Thats cheap "legend", i don't think i'm on here long enough to whine. i think you'd come before me in that department.
anyway i heard the info that it came from the horses mouths themselves. our neighbours daughter works with raston girlfriend and she told that willie was wanting to leave but had only gotten his manager to approach the tigers because they had previously shown interest in him. and in regards to williams our neighbour said that the mrs wanted willie to have a look at cronulla because williams mrs and her were talking and they were wanting to move back there. so there must be some truth behind it if williams wife and rastons are were the news has come from.
And i don't think i'm whinging i'm just offereing some news whether it come true or not.
you can't expect williams and raston to stay when they hardly look their gonna be favourites in FG next year. rastons still young enough and even though he's only 22 young they're all young these days and i think at another club he'll get a start. williams is getting older and i think he just like it better at cronulla, just not a certain player. apparently its not the club he doesn't like, its canberra in general, to cold and boring!! i agree sometimes!!

woodgers

Bench
Ha Ha Ha

You couldn't write this stuff!

Legend must be rolling around pissing himself reading what he has created from a dodgy pun!

Chachi

Bench
hotdogs said:
...williams is getting older and i think he just like it better at cronulla, just not a certain player. apparently its not the club he doesn't like, its canberra in general, to cold and boring!! i agree sometimes!!
Fair call, after all we haven't had a good riot down here in a while.

He's got as good a chance to make it in FG here than just about any other club. If he really wants to leave because it's all a bit too hard, then adios amigo...how about a swap for Gallen 'eh bro?

Raston I'm not too keen to let go. If we offloaded Williams then maybe he'd be happier to stay (if all of this is true that is).

BSB Raiderman

Juniors
I spose the Lomax-Sheens link is playing it's part, I'd love to see a Prop rotation with Thommo, Horse, Tilse & Raston especially when you back that up with TLL, Costigan, Miller, Thurling.

Possible Pack
Thommo
Withers
Tilse
TLL
Costigan
Tongue

Bench
Raston, Weyman, Bickerstaff/Miller/Turner/Thurling/Chalk/Logan
That would be potent.

Latest posts