What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams Re-signs With Sharks For 3 Seasons

Stonecutter

First Grade
WILLIAMS RE-SIGNS WITH SHARKS FOR 3 SEASONS

11.05.07 01:11 Age: 11 min
Young Sharks back rower Reece Williams today re-signed with the club for a further three years.

The 21-year-old back rower, who made his senior representative debut for the City team at the recent City v Country clash, has made a big impression with his strong running and aggressive defence. The new deal will see Williams remain a Shark until at least the end of the 2010 season.
Coach Ricky Stuart was delighted to confirm the signing of Williams, viewing him as being integral to the Sharks future plans.
“Reece is a local junior and will play a big part in our future success at the Sharks,” Stuart said. “He got a taste for rep footy this year and I think if he keeps improving he’s capable of playing more in the years to come.”
From the Yarrawarrah club in the Cronulla-Sutherland Junior League, Williams was pleased to have settled on his immediate playing future and was keen to continue his development under coach Stuart.
“I’m very happy to get the deal done and to now being able to concentrate on the rest of the season,” Williams said. “I’m looking forward to the next few years, to playing under Ricky and to improving my game further.
“I really enjoyed the experience of playing for City and I’ll be working hard to make a name for myself in the NRL and to hopefully making a push to play more representative football.”
Williams began his first grade career as a 17-year-old schoolboy back in 2003 while still attending Endeavour Sports High School. Now into his fourth season in the top grade and despite his tender years, Williams has already played 62 NRL games for the Sharks.

http://www.sharks.com.au/index.php?id=435&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=484&tx_ttnews[backPid]=432&cHash=8934be54d7

Weaponhead

Coach
Good solid player with time to develop further. Would like to see a lift in intensity for him to really make an impact on the game - Sticky is the man to make that happen.

Inferno

Coach
Great news. Hopefully by the time Thommo retires Weirdo will be able to step in without us missing a beat.

BWNB

First Grade
Didn't wanna lose him, great news.
Who else is on our list to re-sign?

Special K

Coach
Bird has 2 more years
Gallen has 4 more
Williams has 3 more

Long term our backrow looks pretty healthy provided we can keep developing youngsters.

Inferno

Coach
Thommo still has 2 years to run as well.

I fuggen hope we aren't paying an arm and leg for backrowers now that are unlikely to see FG for a couple of years.

Please tell me this "gun" we are after isn't a backrower Reefy.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Excellent news - he is always solid & a quiet achiever (without the ego of his backrow buddies).
He's got a good offload on him too, so he'll be even better once he develops his offload skills running 2 or 3 wide of the ruck ...

Windy70

Juniors
I didn't realize he was so young...I had it in my head he was 25 or 26. Great news to sign someone playing as well as he is that will only get better with experience.

Chondricthyes

Juniors
Yep locals rule.

Good news.

21 and still needs to improve alot to be in the menzies, hindmarsh, kennedy, odonnell frame but he has improved steadily over the past two years.

His attack is getting slightly better and I want to see that develop.