What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

Lambretta

First Grade
I have a hard gym session lined up for tomorrow and I had a couple of beers before dinner. I must be irresponsible

I remember the uproar when Todd Carney tested at below 0.05 when he was at the Roosters. I said at the time that people can have a some beers the night before and still register a blood alcohol reading in the morning. It's not a major deal. Another hour and he would have been below 0.05 and two or three hours and there would have been nothing in his system at all.

Yes it was dumb drinking before a training session, but he obviously had a couple more than he should have or finished drinking a couple of hours later than he should have.

Stupid? Yes. A major news story? No.

He wasn't drinking on the night of a big session and probably thought he was fine. It's not an excuse for breaking the law but it is what you can refer to as mitigating circumstances.

beave

Coach
How do you know there wasn't a big session planned today at training? Not being a smartass but I'm just curious.

phantom eel

First Grade
Stupid. As a (presumably) seasoned drinker, he should have known he wouldn't be ok and forked out for a cab. But he's owned up to the responsibility (as a public figure), and should still face the impact of the law like anyone else.

Not fussed whether it's a major news story or not. The less people that drink-drive as a result of the coverage the better.

Card Shark

Immortal
Registering 0.09 the following morning after a big session & a sleep - surely that means he would've had a hangover & smelt like a brewery. straight away he should be thinking he's running the gauntlet.

I'm sure it went through his head but he took his chances to not upset the coach.

POPEYE

Coach
Just drove my missus to work, doubtful if I'd have passed a breath test after last night but shit happens . . . if I thought for a second that I stood out like dog's balls she would have had to walk

TheDalek079

Bench
I have a hard gym session lined up for tomorrow and I had a couple of beers before dinner. I must be irresponsible

I remember the uproar when Todd Carney tested at below 0.05 when he was at the Roosters. I said at the time that people can have a some beers the night before and still register a blood alcohol reading in the morning. It's not a major deal. Another hour and he would have been below 0.05 and two or three hours and there would have been nothing in his system at all.

Yes it was dumb drinking before a training session, but he obviously had a couple more than he should have or finished drinking a couple of hours later than he should have.

Stupid? Yes. A major news story? No.

He wasn't drinking on the night of a big session and probably thought he was fine. It's not an excuse for breaking the law but it is what you can refer to as mitigating circumstances.

Carney was on his P Plates then. So wasn't his limit zero? Stupid Carney. Stupid Willie.

skeepe

Immortal
How many more Knights have to break the law before the NRL takes action on the disgusting culture at this despicable club?

Card Shark

Immortal
How many more Knights have to break the law before the NRL takes action on the disgusting culture at this despicable club?

Doesn't the NRL integrity unit decide punishment nowadays or only if the club doesn't act appropriately?

I'm sure the NRL will intervene if necessary but I don't think it is necessary atm. The knights have handled their recent matters with the appropriate protocol, so far.

Lambretta

First Grade

Well, now Canberra is completely reformed we need to turn our attention somewhere huh?

Yeah Newcastle - start by sacking everyone now.

ek999

First Grade
How good a professionl is Willie Mason. 10 beers before moving onto spirits the night before work. Surely it isn't that hard to limit yourself to a couple of drinks if you have training the next morning

Don't players get breathtested before training sessions these days anyway?

woodyk2

First Grade
EVERY other person who failed a breath test on that morning should of been named to.

Canard

Immortal
EVERY other person who failed a breath test on that morning should of been named to.

Mason "outed" himself didn't he?

Im pretty sure DUI's aren't suppressed by the court? So that stuff is likely public record.

Snappy

Coach
the next morning 'I didn't think I'd still be over' isn't a valid excuse for anyone any more.

It's commonly known that how many drinks you had, is how many hours off the loss you need before even thinking about driving.

So Willie had 10 beers and then a few gins, and he thought 7 hours sleep was enough?

He should know better, all adults should know better.

Snappy

Coach
It's obviously not a good sight to see another one of our blokes in the headlines, however, I can't help but laugh at how people are reacting to this. Blowing it way out of proportion. Even the Gagai incident.

Just can't wait for it to happen to another club and watch their fans lose their minds.

Come on dude, surely you've been here long enough to know that chit going wrong at other clubs is the fuel that keeps the LU flame burning.

We hate when it's our club and lol when its another. This pre season it's the Knights turn, and each additional incident makes the rest of us chuckle a bit harder.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Just drove my missus to work, doubtful if I'd have passed a breath test after last night but shit happens . . . if I thought for a second that I stood out like dog's balls she would have had to walk

And if you an accident and killed someone, perhaps your wife, that's when shit happens.

You should have told your wife to walk you piece of shit.