What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie tonga gone

Noise

Coach
Hayne just face booked a msg saying tonga out for the season. Having back surgery....

strider

Post Whore
shame we never got to have willie here during the good parts of his career

he was a big risk to sign these last 2 yrs - i always found it surprising we signed him when we were in "rebuilding" mode and he seemed to be heading to the twilight injury riddled part of his career

Noise

Coach
We get 1 try from him and 12 games out of 52 rounds of footy. Probably works out at about $60 000 a game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee up there with Cannings for value, no loss IMO prefer to invest time into Loko, Morgan or Blair.

eels_fan

First Grade
I may be wrong, but is there not some sort it dispensation rule with the NRL that if a player suffers a season ending injury in the first 5 rounds of the season that the club is given a certain salary cap concession to replace the player?

I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard about it with regards to the Tigers a couple of years ago.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Being someone who has had some major spinal injuries in the past I really feel for the bloke. I had a guy drop in on me and land on my head while surfing in a barrel several years ago and he blew out four of the discs in my neck and gave me 50% spinal cord damage. It's challenging not only physically, but also emotionally and physiologically. Surgery is no guarantee but I hope Willie recovers well irrespective of whether he continues to play footy or not.
BTW - I assume the Scennar device did SFA for him.

Eels Dude

Coach
That's disappointing, the club didn't really get any value out of him at all. Dare say this could be the end of his career too, hard to see another club picking him up if he's not going to be back this year, and has barely played in the past two years.