What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie tonga!!!!

For a supposedly solid defender he had one of the worst defensive games ever.

Wasn't on his own though - just about everybody did.

inside_pass

Bench
Have to say Willie Tonga has been average for a while now.
Was under performing at the Cowboys so has been out of form for a long time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it's all Willie Tonga's fault...........

f**ken oath.

For some reason Cheyse Blair is a crowd favourite and so the merkin is immune from criticism. I rate him but he was atrocious today.

Why do merkins need to single people out when it was such a terrible team performance?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
FMD - you get first prize for the best excuse maker ever to grace this forum :lol:
you've deadset got an excuse for everyone (except luke burt, but hey he's the popular kicking bag, so figures)

'Popular kicking bag'? The only reason Luke Burt is still in first grade is because he's popular with the fans.

The guy he was marking scored four tries today. Still, he certainly wasn't responsible for today's result, but if he'd played fullback he probably would have been.

Gronk

Staff member
Willies timing is out after playing SFA footy. You would never not pick him though.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Because it easier to do that then face the actual reality. Its like the unfound love for Paulo

Actually, after the last few weeks I'm starting to rate Paulo. I was furious at him after the Dragons game though.

There are a few players in our team that aren't up to week-to-week first grade, but the only one who isn't young/inexperienced is Luke Burt.

Fan favouritism aside, he should never play first grade again. It's my only criticism of Kearney.

Ratchy

Juniors
Actually, after the last few weeks I'm starting to rate Paulo. I was furious at him after the Dragons game though.

There are a few players in our team that aren't up to week-to-week first grade, but the only one who isn't young/inexperienced is Luke Burt.

Fan favouritism aside, he should never play first grade again. It's my only criticism of Kearney.

I stated earlier Paulo is a bench player at best. He is another player in the Dean Widders mould who looks a million dollars when his team is well on top. The false wraps Gould was giving him on the coverage even stuffing up when Penrith releasing him. Thats how much Gould must of think of him because it was mid 2011 not this year.

Simple fact is the forward pack is horrible and well below par. They get bashed and dominated week in week out yet it seems to be an outside back the main target.

And agree with what you said about Burt, shame we can't play NFL style and just sub him in for goal kicking.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Willie has been very disappointing so far. I was excited when we signed him. Hope he isn't on too much cash because he's not earning it.

Chipmunk

Coach
f**ken oath.

For some reason Cheyse Blair is a crowd favourite and so the merkin is immune from criticism. I rate him but he was atrocious today.

Why do merkins need to single people out when it was such a terrible team performance?

Cheyse Blair is still an Under 20. Willie Tonga has played multiple times for Qld and Australia. On current form, Ill take the Under 20 anyday

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheyse Blair is still an Under 20. Willie Tonga has played multiple times for Qld and Australia. On current form, Ill take the Under 20 anyday

I agree Blair is a potential rep player, but Tonga has outplayed him these past two weeks - and Tonga has Burt and Sandow defending on either side of him.

Agree we would expect that from a player with so much experience, and I'm not giving Tonga any wraps - he should have given us more this year, though injury has hampered that. Still, he is by far the best defensive centre at the club, and he should be the first outside back picked.

hybrideel

Bench
i think Blair may need a rest for a week or 2 from the NRL grind. The kid has potential but his last couple of games has me thinking he needs a break.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
cheyse blair has been terrific even when he's been off his best, his work-rate is incredible for such a young kid. he's regurlarly completing 25+ tackles which given the attack generally going the other way is amazing. he makes strong metres on kick returns and has thrown a few terrific balls to sio.

against manly he was a victim of trying too hard.

but any back playing behind our rubbish pack's performance this weekend can be forgiven imo especially once offs

Sphagnum

Coach
I stated earlier Paulo is a bench player at best. He is another player in the Dean Widders mould who looks a million dollars when his team is well on top. The false wraps Gould was giving him on the coverage even stuffing up when Penrith releasing him. Thats how much Gould must of think of him because it was mid 2011 not this year.

Simple fact is the forward pack is horrible and well below par. They get bashed and dominated week in week out yet it seems to be an outside back the main target.

And agree with what you said about Burt, shame we can't play NFL style and just sub him in for goal kicking.

All those channel 9 muppets have been waxing lyrical about how good Curtis Sironen is too. He was pathetic on Friday night and demonstrated he's not up to first grade standard particularly with is turnstile defense.

The point being, I wouldn't read too much into anything those imbeciles say, they're some of the worst judgesm, astonishing as it may sound.

Sphagnum

Coach
cheyse blair has been terrific even when he's been off his best, his work-rate is incredible for such a young kid. he's regurlarly completing 25+ tackles which given the attack generally going the other way is amazing. he makes strong metres on kick returns and has thrown a few terrific balls to sio.

against manly he was a victim of trying too hard.

but any back playing behind our rubbish pack's performance this weekend can be forgiven imo especially once offs

He had the unenviable task of having to defend against Tony Williams all day. I'm sure he would have learnt alot from the experience but you can't blame him for trying to get up in Williams' face as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, nobody else in the defense line followed him up and it was overlaps galore.

Latest posts