What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie's Weekly Column

Willie Mason has the intelligence of a brick. And those who employ him as a newspaper columnist know this full well, and they sit back and exploit him, while he makes an ass of himself in his newspaper columns.

Gee_Up

Juniors
I might attend the Roosters v Bulldogs game out of interest- Willy deserves a mighty spray from the Blueberries..

innsaneink

Referee
mattyg said:
Mason you goose...

I would love Wing to come out and have a go at Willie for doing what he did to his teammates...Willie wasn't shy when Wing left under what I would consider acceptable circumstances. Willie walks out mid contract...give him a spray back Wingy.

Aww, no lovey dovey no more???

sooperdooper

First Grade
hmmmm i really do wonder why you are all angry at Willie..?
He was shown the door at Belmore and went to a club for less money.
Yet those before him left for more money?
so i really dont know why your all bagging him...

nqboy

First Grade
sooperdooper said:
hmmmm i really do wonder why you are all angry at Willie..?
He was shown the door at Belmore and went to a club for less money.
Yet those before him left for more money?
so i really dont know why your all bagging him...
Perhaps it's because he held the club over a barrel for his last contract, despite his pleas to teammates to stick together and then left with two years to run on it.

mattyg said:
Belmore's best beginning to boil

By Willie Mason
Bulldogs star

July 21, 2006

The Bulldogs have developed him to where he has been such a great player over the past couple of years. Now we can't afford to keep him. Yet the bottom sides like South Sydney, and those other clubs who aren't as successful, get to grab at our good players. It sucks.

Don't get me wrong.

Roy deserves the money he gets, but what can you say when a club like Souths offers you $450,000 a year and the Bulldogs can't afford to give him what he's worth.

The Rabbitohs have got all that money to spend because they've got players that are average first graders and not worth too much.

Like I said, good luck to him and I'm happy for him to go because he's got a family to look after.

But as I keep saying to him, he'd want to cherish this year because it will probably be the last finals series he plays until he retires. There's no way in the world Souths will go any good next year.

**** this just sums up why i love Willie Mason so much. He says it exactly like it is. Couldn't agree more with what he says. Loved the cheap shots at Souths saying there's no way they will make the 8 next year, and that the roosters are "trying to buy a premiership". Hope ya have a blinder on Saturday Willie and get more points towards the Dally M. You deserve it. :)

What a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarkwit.Talk about shooting one's self if the foot (or should I say head on this occasion)What great quotes are you going up with next year?

Latest posts