What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wimbledon

Hallatia

Referee
Djokovic will already be world number one after this match, just showing why he deserves the mantle here.

He's had a phenomenal year and really deserves this.

Danish

Referee
Absolutely. I used to hate watching him play but he has grown on me in the last couple years. Really gained some mental strength (used to love a good sook and carry on when things weren't going his way in the past) and just plays really beautiful tennis.

Nadal getting underdog cheers from the crowd.... Haven't hears that in years

Hallatia

Referee
Djokovic has really matured and it's great to see because he always had a lot of talent.
I think he can see the finish line now and is getting a bit nervous and like you said now the crowd have moved with Nadal because of how far back he's fallen in the game. It has become a bit of an uncomfortable set for Djokovic.
I think Nadal may take this set, but Djoko will recover strongly taking the forth easily.

Danish

Referee
I agree. A mirror of the Tsonga match basically.

although I don't think Nadal will go down quite as meekly. The 4th (assuming we get there) is going to be great viewing

Hallatia

Referee
Almost as though the forth set couldn't come soon enough for Djokovic.
At least he's seen off the third now.

Danish

Referee
Break for break in the 4th. Some absolute classic points in this set already.

Come on Novak!

Danish

Referee
Haha me too. Seeing a lot of nerves in his play the last few games, not liking it!

that love game will help him, now to just break him then serve out the match.... Simple :sarcasm:

Hallatia

Referee
That was a good game, all he needs to do is break, then consolidate his break by winning his own service game and he'll wrap up the championship.

Look, Rafa is helping him too, double fault.

Danish

Referee
And Novak does it!

Really great emotion from both players, Rafa looks to have a few tears in his eyes.... I wonder if he'll get hounded for it like Feds was?

Can't wait for the US now. Going to be a ripper, especially with Nadal and Federer on the same aide of the draw since they are now 2 and 3.

Hallatia

Referee
Thoroughly deserved, I don't think it would be fair for on Novak for Rafa to get hounded for it, because Djokovic was fantastic last night. He has also had a sensational year, he is now over 2000 points ahead of Rafa with 4 less tournaments, would be pretty difficult for Nadal to even challenge to regain top spot until the Australian Open.

It does make the US all the more enticing now, should be great for the ATP.

Avenger

Immortal
srbinator.jpg

jessien

Juniors
I wonder if Nadal might have a prematurely short career due to his playing style. It is so hard on his body, the wear is already starting to show...