What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Win Stadium

imasharkie

Coach
Would someone please let me know via this post on the distance to Win Stadium.
I'm down for the first two games of the season and noticed the NSW Cup side is playing it's first round game on the Saturday at Win.
Would it best to hire a car or is there a train from Cronulla.
Thanks

Card Shark

Immortal
Train from Cronulla to Sutherland & change, then to Wollongong Ima should work. I'd say the trip would take 1 1/2 to 2 hours all up.

spider

Coach
45 minutes (tops) by car to get there.

Public transport anywhere is unreliable

I would also check the state rail website - possibility of track work on the Illawarra line over the next 6 weeks???

Riding the bus down would be akin to masturbating with a cheese grator.

Special K

Coach
Cityrail on a weekend/not during peek hour(and even then it is packed) is not something I would wish on anyone.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah Car is the go Ima, even I know the rail system blows and I havent lived there for 20 years.. Besides the roads down south are pretty good.

Card Shark

Immortal
Remember though, don't drink & drive. Also, take a hard hat, you never know - the stand might collapse.

Quigs

Immortal
Why dont you get a cab you tight arse bastard.

Think of all the poor cabbies in the Shire.

snoozer

Bench
I would also check the state rail website - possibility of track work on the Illawarra line over the next 6 weeks???
there's been f**king trackwork on that line ever since it's been open!

i've travelled down to bomaderry for the last 10 years or so so to see family when i'm in oz and i cant remember not having to get off a train and onto a bus ever.

and you're all merkins.

Quigs

Immortal
If you do go down there Ima just make sure you check the roof of the stand you are sitting in.

coolumsharkie

Referee
there's been f**king trackwork on that line ever since it's been open!

i've travelled down to bomaderry for the last 10 years or so so to see family when i'm in oz and i cant remember not having to get off a train and onto a bus ever.

and you're all merkins.

Are you old enough to remember travelling on the ol' Rail Motor?

Quigs

Immortal
mate I can remember the ol rail motor alright

(one from the vault)

-

I can even remember riding out from Sutho to Heathcote on a few steam trains. They'd slip one in every now and then when the railmotors broke down.

Had an Aunty that lived off Bottleforest Rd, Heatcote, the last road on the eastern side of the line, in those days.

snoozer

Bench
42 and i've only been heading down there since my bro moved near husky in 2000.

it's the same up the mountains(my old man lives in katoomba). f**king trackwork everytime.

and you're all still merkins.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Remember though, don't drink & drive. Also, take a hard hat, you never know - the stand might collapse.

I was down there for work yesterday. I had Chicko's for lunch and watched them working on the stand.

It was a magnificent day. Fried Chicken and Construction.

Valentines Day came late for me this year. But I'm not complaining.

Frenzy.

Immortal
45 minutes (tops) by car to get there.

Public transport anywhere is unreliable

Riding the bus down would be akin to masturbating with a cheese grator.

Yeah but even going anywhere near the place would be like sticking your johnson in an electric pencil sharpener.

Humans should not go to WIN.

Ever.

Vin Fizz

Bench

Talk about masterbating with a cheese grater! There was a Railmoter service from Sydney Central, Redfern, Strathfield, Parra, Penrith Emu Plans then...................ALL f**king stations to Orange. 270 odd k's 6.5 hours.....You can work out the average speed. Sorry a bit OT. Spent a few days in the big top end and am in the QC at Adelaide Airport on a Friday night waiting to get home (bit delerious)

Quigs

Immortal
Railmotors were fun, I used to drive one.

p-rm.jpg

(only joking - didn't drive one)