What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN TAKE OVER

Carlton

Juniors
If we had #1, we wouldn't need #2. Give our leagues clubs BoD who were more interested in its success than lining their own pockets and it would thrive - the location and demographic are begging for a top line leagues club with real entertainment facilities.

Take the same approach to the Football Club (proper governance and management concerned with the success of the club) and we could use the funding from the LC to be the powerhouse we deserve to be.

We don't need a Bruce Gordon. I have a bad feeling that this acquisition won't end well.

Bruce Gordon has had a huge influence for a long time. Why does anyone think that if he buys into the Dragons anything will improve.

Just maybe a lot of the problems we are experiencing can be traced back to Bruce Gordon and his interference/influence.

Life's Good

Coach
Bruce Gordon has had a huge influence for a long time. Why does anyone think that if he buys into the Dragons anything will improve.

Just maybe a lot of the problems we are experiencing can be traced back to Bruce Gordon and his interference/influence.
How so(and I’m not advocating for Gordon to buy us out)?

Carlton

Juniors
How so(and I’m not advocating for Gordon to buy us out)?

Gordon has had a close relationship with the club for a long time, he has arranged TPAs, made loans, his son is on the board, ground naming rights, has a long history with the Illawarra club. Do I have direct hard evidence to show he has been able to influence the decisions made? No.

But considering how close he has been to the club its not a long stretch to wonder whether anything will change for the better if he buys in or whether it would just formalise a relationship/influence that already exists.

Life's Good

Coach
Gordon has had a close relationship with the club for a long time, he has arranged TPAs, made loans, his son is on the board, ground naming rights, has a long history with the Illawarra club. Do I have direct hard evidence to show he has been able to influence the decisions made? No.

But considering how close he has been to the club its not a long stretch to wonder whether anything will change for the better if he buys in or whether it would just formalise a relationship/influence that already exists.
Fair enough.
My very basic 2 cents is the current regime hasn’t taken us forward. We need outsiders and this is why I’m not sold on Gordon coming in(as you say the influence is there to a degree). For that to work requires those self serving individuals to put the club first.
Probably not going to happen anytime soon though.

Saintsified

Bench
We dont run 2 home games nor do we train out of 2 different facilities, all Training is run out of Wollongong with a couple of token training sessions at Kogarah, we dont own the grounds, we lease Kogarah, which is the councils responsibility to keep it in shape..
Also you would think if other business are interested in purchasing the Illawarra portion that the Dragons would be talking to them, not waiting for Gordon to get back to them a year later, it also must be a conflict of interest in having his Son on the board due to the possible discussion WIN and the non discussions with the other potential suitors...This possible sale to WIN reminds me when Liverpool FC was sold to the "preferred buyer" Hicks/Gillett the stupid Yanks who had no idea, yet at the time they had potentially better buyers available...
We used to train at Jubilee when Brown was coach, it moved lock stock and barrel to Gong only cause Wayne didnt like living in Sydney. We would be far more successful off the field if we train and play out of Jubilee....basing ourselves in the Gong only, well makes us look like a Gong club, there is not enough industry down there to support an NRL team fully (sponsorship wise).

SaintPauli

Juniors
This is my Message to Bruce Gordon and this message can be used as proof it did not get influenced by the dragons board in any way, shape or form.

Gday Mr Bruce Gordon,
Help our Dragons club by being the third party sponsor for as many international players out there as possible and influence them to come over. There you go nrl ! This is 100% legal.

JDHD

Juniors

I mean, it's entirely possible. His son is on the god damn board.

Carlton

Juniors
I mean, it's entirely possible. His son is on the god damn board.

I sound as if i'm anti Bruce Gordon buying into the Dragons. I'm not for it or against it, I don't know enough and this is the point I was trying to make.

I am just trying to temper some of the enthusiasm for this when there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before we can decide whether its a good or bad thing. I have reservations based on the fact Bruce Gordon is not an outsider, he is essentially one of the boys and the fact that for WIN to make the purchase they will have to show how this can make money.

JDHD

Juniors
I sound as if i'm anti Bruce Gordon buying into the Dragons. I'm not for it or against it, I don't know enough and this is the point I was trying to make.

I am just trying to temper some of the enthusiasm for this when there are a lot of questions that need to be answered before we can decide whether its a good or bad thing. I have reservations based on the fact Bruce Gordon is not an outsider, he is essentially one of the boys and the fact that for WIN to make the purchase they will have to show how this can make money.

Yeah, 100%. I think we're both on the same page here. We don't know enough to form an opinion. People seem to think a WIN takeover would be the second coming of Frank Facer, but he's already got a family member involved with the board so what really changes? These are questions we should be asking.

Drag Queen

Bench

Drag Queen

Bench
There's an article about this in yesterday's Telegraph but I'm not sure why it won't let me copy and paste it. (Probably because I'm crap at it). Have a look if you'd like :)

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If the Dragons really have any contingency suitors regarding a potential "takeover", does anyone think they'll be happy about being 'second choice'?

I can picture Mr Doust exclaiming "Well, negotiators with Mr Gordon fell through, so how about you"?

emack

Juniors
As long as someone SACKS MCWANKER and gives us a snowballs chance in hell of rising to the top again, I don't really care who owns the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDHD

Juniors
As long as someone SACKS MCWANKER and gives us a snowballs chance in hell of rising to the top again, I don't really care who owns the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We could play against wheelchair rugby teams in grass and still not be guaranteed of a finals spot

BBTB

Juniors

Well Gordon has already stated that if he was to takeover.
Dousts job was safe..:sob:

possm

Coach
What do you think the real reason for the hold-up in proceeding is. Could it be:
Gordon wants to make the joint venture sustainable with regards to cash flow.
Or maybe he is only prepared to put in a certain amount of cash.
In my opinion it would have more to do with certain key people at the Club want their current employment contracts extended and guaranteed.
Whatever the reason, I'm sure if an independent negotiator was involved, I am sure an agreement would be reached very quickly.

Really, it's a case of the likes of Doust, the Youngs, the Millwards and the Board members all putting their own personal interests ahead of the interests of the joint venture..