What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Win vs Dragons

Cryptic

Juniors
Awesome work from the team this week... No one really to say anything bad against... A few issues but otherwise great!

Issues being:

Soward allowed to pass the ball of the ground after being tackled
Dugan becoming a bit of a ball hog in the first half
Buttriss doing a "Raiders" by losing it on the first tackle.

Otherwise awesome job, why wasn't Joel Thompson in the NSW side again?

Also love the channel nice commentating team, when the Dragons go from over the side line (as in the guys leg was when he got the ball) to a scrum 10 metres out they are "brilliant". On the next set we go from that scrum to first tackle on their 2 metre line and nothing is even said about it... Come on guys... send it both ways at least!

Oh and if Buttriss keeps playing like that I'll officially apologise to him next time I see him!

First, congrats.

But you were impressed with that? 4 tries to 3 against a team with 9 players out.

lets be realistic , we were missing 2 SOO players plus Tongue , Fensom also Carney and Milne havent returned from their injuries. Our backline is also a very young backline with only Monas over the age of 21.

The Dragons young players played well and it was a high quality game regardless who was missing. The Dragons have beat us once in the last 12 matches now, they havent had their players missing all those times.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
First, congrats.

But you were impressed with that? 4 tries to 3 against a team with 9 players out.

I was. The guys stood up despite a shifty last 30 minutes from the ref. To boot with that, the Dragons still had quality players like Hornby, Soward, Young, and Prior out there. Dragons fans can wank on about 4 debutants, but lets be honest, the guys who came up were good quality. Added to this, we've been running with a backline of an average age of 20 for the last season, with other young guys like Waddell, Mataora and McCrone playing big parts in our team. Of course we are going to be happy as the youngest backline in the comp start to show signs of quality.

nickraider

Juniors
Good win by the boys. Sick of hearing about all the players the Dragons had out - we had plenty too. Looked like we really wanted to win that game and are starting to mature as a team. I just hope we hang on to Dugan. Joel Thompson gets better every game. Well done boys.

innsaneink

Referee
Awesome work from the team this week... No one really to say anything bad against... A few issues but otherwise great!

Issues being:

Soward allowed to pass the ball of the ground after being tackled
Dugan becoming a bit of a ball hog in the first half
Buttriss doing a "Raiders" by losing it on the first tackle.

Otherwise awesome job, why wasn't Joel Thompson in the NSW side again?

Also love the channel nice commentating team, when the Dragons go from over the side line (as in the guys leg was when he got the ball) to a scrum 10 metres out they are "brilliant". On the next set we go from that scrum to first tackle on their 2 metre line and nothing is even said about it... Come on guys... send it both ways at least!

Oh and if Buttriss keeps playing like that I'll officially apologise to him next time I see him!

Some of you blokes never stop whinging, seriously.

Great win today boys, your mob really played well and I enjoyed watching, good to see good footy played and teams that use the ball and great support play, love all the overlaps created....sometimes the simple things are often the best

Dazraider

Juniors
well they have been out of players other games against us , wish i could get the stats but couldnt be bothered researching that.
we should of won by more really against a side missing all their attacking weopons
Thompson played great again and monas still a hog but great to see him on the wing were he shoudl be

Cryptic

Juniors
Some of you blokes never stop whinging, seriously.

Great win today boys, your mob really played well and I enjoyed watching, good to see good footy played and teams that use the ball and great support play, love all the overlaps created....sometimes the simple things are often the best

So of you blokes never stop trolling.... You can honestly say that was a GOOD refing call tonight? f**k off to your own forums...

I also posted another bit which I didn't appears, no idea how I managed that, which was about the number of posts being so minimal when we win but being massive when we lose... Anyway that...

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Good win by your boys today. They played close to their best and that was good enough. You have to be happy with that & hope they can string some consistent performances together for you.

Was at the game today and it was perfect conditions for RL. The Raiders fans were in good voice and I was happy with my teams efforts though they were beaten.

Look forward to August. Hopefully we will see a repeat of something approaching the game down there last year. I'll be heading down the Hume for that one without a doubt.

Until then....

innsaneink

Referee
So of you blokes never stop trolling.... You can honestly say that was a GOOD refing call tonight? f**k off to your own forums...

I also posted another bit which I didn't appears, no idea how I managed that, which was about the number of posts being so minimal when we win but being massive when we lose... Anyway that...

f**k off

Classy

I come in here to congratulate you guys and I get f**k off.

Typical.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
f**k off

Classy

I come in here to congratulate you guys and I get f**k off.

Typical.

God people on this forum are a bunch of whingers. Sometimes I think I waste my time with the crap that gets posted. I'm not personally attacking you Ink, I'm talking about a minority of people on this forum. It's a waste of time and it makes me not want to read these forums anymore. This includes all the raiders fans on here. The way some of the raiders fans carry on in here gives me the sh*ts bad!

Rant over..

bileduct

Coach
FFS, just shut the f**k up.

Referees make mistakes in just about every game. How about the penalty when Logan spilled the ball? We went in right off the back of it.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

The biggest turning point in the match was the penalty against us for a rake, which was a stone cold drop of the ball. You then scored 3 tries without us touching the ball.

No excuses though, we had our opportunities to win the game. I'm really proud of the way our team played with 10 regular first graders out (Hunt, Smith, Fien, Scott, Morris, Cooper, Creagh, Weyman, Costigan, Boyd) any team with that much experience gone from the field has no right to be competitive. If not for a few lapses we could have easily been the victors.

Well done to the Raiders though, it was a quality performance given the shortage of personnel from both sides.

_snafu_

Immortal
I thought it was an entertaining match between two teams with young players. Well done to the Raiders for the win.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
That young winger for the dragons is awesome! Also how good were both troy Thompson and Joel Thompson! No one played poorly for both teams, great game to watch.

legend

Coach
Troy Thompson is obviously playing for a contract and is not dropping the ball. It might be his own common sense or he is under instruction but he is much more effective as a straight runner and good defender.

Eliminating basic mistakes makes a massive difference to the way we play.

The Dragons were missing half their side but we were still without Tongue, Miller, Shillington, Learoyd-Lahrs, Fensom, Carney and Milne.

It was also pleasing seeing the young blokes scoring well constructed tries and both McCrone and Campese running to the line instead of just going side to side.