What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windsor wolves 2010

murraymob

Coach
good to see Windsor are getting more updated than previous years.I tried finding there website to find out what membership costs unable to find.Noted there website goes straight to the football site that lists players from 2008

I will try to get a list of there players but am thinking this could be a struggle due the fact they are a rabble

Last edited:

murraymob

Coach
Still unable to get the list of Windsor contracted players .Might have to wait till they run out.Even then Windsor get it wrong.Will keep trying to get it

Stagger eel

Staff member
geez, it's nearly as bad as our club, trying to get a bloody a squad list is like getting blood from a stone..lol

let me know when you sucsede muzz, i'd be interested to know who you have in the squad..

Kilkenny

Coach
The whole NSW Cup thing is a joke.

The sooner we get back to three grades, NRL, Reserve Grade and Under 23 competition the better off we will all be.

Piss off the Toyota Cup and give the kids a chance. Under 23's would be my preferred option but i would settle for an under 21 comp to give the kids at least one extra season before they are discarded.

Black Majik

Juniors
The whole NSW Cup thing is a joke.

The sooner we get back to three grades, NRL, Reserve Grade and Under 23 competition the better off we will all be.

Piss off the Toyota Cup and give the kids a chance. Under 23's would be my preferred option but i would settle for an under 21 comp to give the kids at least one extra season before they are discarded.

Totally agree.

It annoyed more than I first thought that paying the same price for 2 games as opposed to 3. Then the loss of talented kids or those guys wanting a FG chance moving O/S.

NYC is a good concept but it has some bad deficiencies.

Fibroman

First Grade
All hail those that made the decision to go to the modern system. Idiots. When will the administrators ever listen to the fans?...... that might have more business sense than them?

franklin2323

Immortal
I have an unoffical squad

D.King
D.Chiha
J.Rolfe
S.Meredith
C.Barlow
F.Pitone
A.Hazelton
A.Schubert
T.Bolt
D.Dickinson
B.Stewart
B.Taefu
J.Sene-Lafao
Z.Watene
J.Ryan
M.Burns
R.Tremonte
J.Cannon
A.Sweeney
R.Nasso

Got 5 or so more training with the Panthers

The delay with the squad is because of the A grade challenge. 5 players from C Grade were training and got poached by Guildfield, Blacktown Workers etc to play in that comp

stumpyone

Juniors
Heard that Jamie Theoharous may be playing for Windsor on a Penrith contract, Would like to know. Wiremu Weepu is also in the same boat.

franklin2323

Immortal
Heard that Jamie Theoharous may be playing for Windsor on a Penrith contract, Would like to know. Wiremu Weepu is also in the same boat.

They may of been training with Penrith When my mate was training at Windsor. They want a squad of 40 so there's more names to come. They ws another player mentioned in RLR summer edition ui just forgot who it was

Kilkenny

Coach
Personally I hate what has happened to the reserve grade and if I had any say whatsoever I would piss off the NSW Cup and at least all Sydney based clubs should field a side in a reserve competition.

Nothing against Windsor and nothing against St Marys when we were aligned with them but it simply aint the same and an absolute tragedy for those players to be subjected to a largely forgotten and meaningless competition.

I'll still venture out to watch the Windsor Wolves when the opportunity presents but I would so much more enjoy getting back to the three games on game day even if the reserves were the first game up followed by the Toyota Cup then first grade. That would be my compromise.

Seriously, I really question the people running our game and you can be forgiven sometimes for holding the view they are idiots and have absolutely no idea at times.

The Toyota Cup is seriously flawed, the NSW Cup a joke and the flagship NRL seriously compromised by it's administrators and an inadequate TV rights deal.

The fact the game remains largely strong and closely fought competition is down to the quality of the athletes playing the game.

murraymob

Coach

D.King
D.Chiha
J.Rolfe
S.Meredith
C.Barlow
F.Pitone
A.Hazelton
A.Schubert
T.Bolt
D.Dickinson
B.Stewart
B.Taefu
J.Sene-Lafao
Z.Watene
J.Ryan
M.Burns
R.Tremonte
J.Cannon
A.Sweeney
R.Nasso

The delay with the squad is because of the A grade challenge. 5 players from C Grade were training and got poached by Guildfield, Blacktown Workers etc to play in that comp
thanks franklin gives us a rough idea of squad when you add the penrith contracted players along with guys like craig trindall

franklin2323

Immortal
That's why I posted it. While it's not the full 40-50 man squad Windsor is planning on having it's a start.

While we can add the likes of McFadgean and 1 of our 3 hookers etc when the season starts

Kilkenny

Coach

D.King
D.Chiha
J.Rolfe
S.Meredith
C.Barlow
F.Pitone
A.Hazelton
A.Schubert
T.Bolt
D.Dickinson
B.Stewart
B.Taefu
J.Sene-Lafao
Z.Watene
J.Ryan
M.Burns
R.Tremonte
J.Cannon
A.Sweeney
R.Nasso

The abovementioned only serves to demonstrate what has become of the reserve grade competition now known as the NSW Cup. I know there will be players not picked in the top grade side who will step down and be available but the competition is a joke and that is very, very sad. Everyone talks up how great the Toyota Cup is, I on the other hand believe it is doing to game and the youngsters a tremendous disservice. Too many youngsters are being lost to the game the minute they turn 20 as there is no where for them to go.

Fibroman

First Grade
Need to go back to FG, Reserve Grade and Under 23's. If a 19 year old is good enough, then stick them straight into FG, eg. Michael Jennings.

stretcher

Juniors
They may of been training with Penrith When my mate was training at Windsor. They want a squad of 40 so there's more names to come. They ws another player mentioned in RLR summer edition ui just forgot who it was
Theoharus is having the year off straight from the horses mouth says hes a bit flat and over it..

Kilkenny

Coach
Need to go back to FG, Reserve Grade and Under 23's. If a 19 year old is good enough, then stick them straight into FG, eg. Michael Jennings.

Much as it hurts me to say it, I can't agree with you more on this one. This is an olive branch for conciliation so discuss it with your Doctor and I am sure he will encourage to you mend the bridges as this will be part of your healing process. There is a deadline for the 400 or so big ones and I fly out to Bali on the 28th February, 2010.

murraymob

Coach
i am hoping to get out to a few Windsor games this year hope i can catch up with a few of you fellow panthers supporters

Kilkenny

Coach
i am hoping to get out to a few Windsor games this year hope i can catch up with a few of you fellow panthers supporters

It's not a bad night (or afternoon) out provided you bring some Xanax as like the NRL side the home record ain't too flash.

If you go to enough games you will also see a few ex Panthers such as Corey Vlacky who carved us up last season playing for Wests.

The Ball and Matthews season should be starting in the next couple of weeks and apart from last season they are generally well worth watching at the Weekender.

The season is almost upon us, although I don't know whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.