What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winger of the year

Winger of the year

• Leon Bott

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Eric Grothe

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • David Simmons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Luke Covell

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Matt Sing

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Ty Williams

• Todd Byrne

• Pat Richards

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Matt Geyer

• Hazem El Masri

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Colin Best

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Scott Donald

• Luke Rooney

• Total voters

Kiwi

First Grade
People vote for either bott or richards, I would hate to see Covell come second and be listed in the team of the year because he has a bunch of losers worship the ground he walks on.

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Helps if you put that there.

Oh and did i say Albert is the winger of the year? No, i just said he has been killing it in the ESL.

Your the idiot.

thats like an american killing it australian basketball. Put him the NBA and he would be average.
albert was a good winger for a few yrs, but he has been gone for many yrs now and is an afterthought.
Typical pathetic newcastle bias :rolleyes:

Paullyboy said:
Im not saying they are both wingers of the year but Eric Grothe and Tai Williams would have to be right up there.

Niether would Jake Webster. But he is really one of the form wingers in the comp.

aussies1st

Staff member
Grothe easily the winger of the year. If king played wing he probably would be it. Bott very close behind

HevyDevy

Coach
I can't believe someone said Colin Best - clearly defence has gone out the window in this poll

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Grothe easily the winger of the year. If king played wing he probably would be it. Bott very close behind

I don't wanna sh*tbag him (Bott) too much because he's young, but I think he's pretty overrated. The Broncos don't give other teams a chance to bomb to his wing but if they did, he'd be caught out alot worse than Utai, he's playing outside Berrigan who used to be a halfback and has a good passing game, and Lockyer who makes anybody look better than they are.

He's good, has alot of developing to do, but I don't know how anybody can compare him with King or Grothe.

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
aussies1st said:
Grothe easily the winger of the year. If king played wing he probably would be it. Bott very close behind[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna sh*tbag him (Bott) too much because he's young, but I think he's pretty overrated. The Broncos don't give other teams a chance to bomb to his wing but if they did, he'd be caught out alot worse than Utai, he's playing outside Berrigan who used to be a halfback and has a good passing game, and Lockyer who makes anybody look better than they are.

He's good, has alot of developing to do, but I don't know how anybody can compare him with King or Grothe.

What stops teams bombing to botts wing? nothing!
Bott isnt number one, but he is 18 and has shown enough in hius 1st yr to make me believe he will be a great winger.

Kiwi

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:

For the 100th time...KING IS A CENTRE.

Bott has been targeted with the bomb in matches and has come through very well. Bott isn't in Grothe's league yet, but he's only young.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
ParraDude_Jay said:
What stops teams bombing to botts wing? nothing!
Bott isnt number one, but he is 18 and has shown enough in hius 1st yr to make me believe he will be a great winger.

How'd I know some tightass Bronco would take it as a bloody insult to him. I didn't say he was bad, so chill out ok.

Broncos don't let them bomb to him because they dominate field position in almost every game, I've seen one bomb go to Bott's wing and there was nobody chasing it, so natually he caught it. You think he'd go well matched up against Grothe, Rooney, King, Lewis etc. when it comes to the high ball? He'd get caught out so badly, he just hasn't been tested yet in my opinion.

I said he was good, and he'll only get better but to compare him to Grothe and King is ridiculous.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Kiwi said:
For the 100th time...KING IS A CENTRE.

Bott has been targeted with the bomb in matches and has come through very well. Bott isn't in Grothe's league yet, but he's only young.

Try reading the post I quoted, he compared Bott to Matt King.

Mr Saab

Referee
KING IS NOT A WINGER YOU BLIND EELS SUPPORTER!! NOT A WINGER!

Brisbane have dominated field position every game have they? So not one team alllllllllllll yr has been inside the broncos 20m line? Clown.
The only one with a tight ass is you dickhead.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
KING IS NOT A WINGER YOU BLIND EELS SUPPORTER!! NOT A WINGER!

Brisbane have dominated field position every game have they? So not one team alllllllllllll yr has been inside the broncos 20m line? Clown.
The only one with a tight ass is you dickhead.

Ohhhh looks like I struck a nerve with you, douchebag. Why don't we have another Lockyer argument while we're at it.

FFS even when I try to be nice to you f**king pig broncos, you come after me. Piss off Saab you goose.

Kiwi

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Try reading the post I quoted, he compared Bott to Matt King.

No he said Bott was close behind Grothe for winger of the year. He said King would probably be winger of the year if he wasn't a centre.

You should try reading it, I don't know how you got Bott being compared to King from that post :?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Kiwi said:
No he said Bott was close behind Grothe for winger of the year. He said King would probably be winger of the year if he wasn't a centre.

You should try reading it, I don't know how you got Bott being compared to King from that post :?

Yeah I know that now, I didn't read it properly and didn't wanna edit my post because everyone probably read it by now. Sorry man

Mr Saab

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
Ohhhh looks like I struck a nerve with you, douchebag. Why don't we have another Lockyer argument while we're at it.

FFS even when I try to be nice to you f**king pig broncos, you come after me. Piss off Saab you goose.

Nice? you called me a tightass! :rolleyes:
So i cant respond to that cant i?

Kiwi

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:

Dude don't group all bronco fans together please.

Kiwi

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Yeah I know that now, I didn't read it properly and didn't wanna edit my post because everyone probably read it by now. Sorry man

Thats cool, no worries, and all that jazz.....just don't let it happen again [-X :lol:

Jezz there is some class in the Storm backs, god help the rest of the comp if they got a decent forward pack.