What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Olympics

Kakihara

Juniors
Anyone care about it?

I think its on this month although with the amount of press its recieving over here you would think its a few years away.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I love the bobsledding and the mogul skiing but apart from that the rest I don't really care! Now the tennis is on, it is hard to get interested really.

Agent Mulder

Bench
shai hulud said:
Anyone care about it?

I think its on this month although with the amount of press its recieving over here you would think its a few years away.

I do, Its 100 times better then the Summer Games, OVERATED.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dragons_#1 said:
how sh!t is the coverage by channel seven tho lol

It is all about ratings. It does not rate as much as the Summer Games. They will do good coverage when the Australians have REALISTIC chances of medals in the events though.

Mr Saab

Referee
It doesnt rate as much as the summer games? IT doesnt rate fullstop.
No one in australia cares about it. Australia is a warm nation and has no real interest in figure skating, moguls, speed skating etc. Sure, there are those are thre that do watch it, but it is not reflective of the general public.
Only good thing about the winter games is to the see the stacks in the Luge!

Tom Shines

First Grade
Apart from Luge, Bobsled, and the novelty factor of curling, I don't pay much attention to it.
And it's worse this time because of a severe lack of Roy and HG.

aphelion

Juniors
I'm just waiting for the Ice Hockey to start. Hopefully 7 covers it well but I'm not getting my hopes up.

It's a good perve if nothing else. All those lovely European women! Kari Traa can snowboard down my halfpipe any day =P~

NPK

Bench
If they have half pipe snowboarding at the winter olympics they should have half pipe skateboarding at the summer olympics.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NPK said:
If they have half pipe snowboarding at the winter olympics they should have half pipe skateboarding at the summer olympics.

Don't take this the wrong way but I could not think of a more BORING sport than skateboarding to watch at an Olypics! And then it is still questionable whether it is a sport! It is more a recreation, wheras snowboarding is a international sport. You would not sell many tickets to skateboarding events.

Kakihara

Juniors
Coverage cant be as bad as over here in New Zealand.

We have ads every 3 minutes with each ad running for about 5 mins each.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think everyone has to realise that realistically, especially in Australia, it does not rate! They will put better coverage on when it rates, ie. tonight for the Women's half-pipe snowboarding final and other finals where Australia does well in! Because quite frankly I just want to see the ones that Australia wins medals in! All the others apart from the bobsledding I could not care less about! That is the problem. Go to Switzerland or Austria and the coverage would be like the Summer Games over here! It is all about ratings.

NPK

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Don't take this the wrong way but I could not think of a more BORING sport than skateboarding to watch at an Olypics! And then it is still questionable whether it is a sport! It is more a recreation, wheras snowboarding is a international sport. You would not sell many tickets to skateboarding events.
I don't care about skateboarding either, but skateboarding and snowboarding are so similar. Why should one be an olympic event and not the other?

aussies1st

Staff member
I thought we would have had a medal after the half pipe. Now I have to wait for the ski jumping.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NPK said:
I don't care about skateboarding either, but skateboarding and snowboarding are so similar. Why should one be an olympic event and not the other?

Summer Olypics will only pics sports that will sell out tickets! Quite frankly you are more likely to see more people watch sailing than skateboarding at the Olympics! It is a recreation not a sport!

Latest posts