What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise Kativerata MOM, 3 Tries ITS TIME!!

scottyeel

Bench
I think we need someone with a bit of size and strength this week up against hoppa. Maybe wise may be ok :|

Misty Bee

First Grade
Langi last night gave the best ball any Centre has passed for our club this year. Remember the pearler to Graham for the try that put us in the match? And you lot want to drop him for friggin Wise? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Langi, after last night, earned AT THE VERY LEAST that No 3 jumper for another week.

Wanna punt a centre? Try the 4.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No not Luke Burt, he should stay in first grade.

As for Wise, well :lol: :lol: :lol: you're kidding right???? Didnt you all see him play in the first two games this year. He'll never play first grade.

Avenger

Immortal
Colonel Eel said:
Why change a combination that has gained some confidence after struggling without it? :roll:

I tend to agree. However Grothe will be a certain inclusion at the expense of Peterson, even though I think sideshow had a good game.

Goleel

Juniors
I'm sorry, but a guy with such defensive deficiencies as Wise has should never play first grade again, his two chances in first grade were two too many for him I think. He is a liability, he offers very little as a winger, and as a centre, I can't see him being any better than Langi, who I rate as very ordinary. Why waste a centre spot on Wise, who should get the chop at the end of the year, when you could probably blood Smith in first grade, and give him some experience, rather than waste the spot by giving it to a guy who just can't cut first grade.

But by all means, if he's carving up in our PL side, leave him there so we can actually have a shot at a premiership this year.

Boris

Juniors
Thanks for your opinion but I don't agree.

The first two games Wises's defence certainly wasnt as bad as some other players. Its been well documented that Lyon had major problems in the first game and this didn't help Wise who was outside of him. Second game he was injured.

He IS carving up PL and IS a better centre than Langi, Graham or Burt. He HAS improved dramatically and now is on the verge of return. He should be given the chance - lets face it how many chances has Dykes, Burt, Peterson etc had? - a hell of a lot more than Wise.!

Give him a go as he will make a difference!

Goleel

Juniors
The reason Lyon looked so bad was because Kativerata made him look bad! He'd continually mark up on the centre, and so far infield that Lyon was forced one in, hence why Lyon was put in a lot of two on one situations. While this may be a bit better in the centres, Kativerata just doesn't seem to understand the basic idea of marking up, that the man on the wing marks his opposite winger, and I think this may be the same in the centres. If you were at those games live, it was far more noticable than it was on TV, but if you watch that dogs game again, at least five breaks were made down Kativerata's side, all directly attributed to him, and if it wasn't for Bulldogs passes going astray it could have been 50-0 at halftime thanks to Wise K.

Dykes, Burt, Petersen and the rest get more chances than Wise because they've showed some semblance of talent during their time at the Eels, all Wise has shown is that he's a defensive liability who offers little, if anything, in attack.

Boris

Juniors
I was at the game and watched the replay and didnt think Wise was that bad. Sure he made a few mistakes but so did everyone that day.

His marking up did need improving but from what I have seen at the last 3 PL games this has been fixed and from talking to someone at the club the coaches are very happy with him. I think Wise is a good centre a will do well there when he is called up to NRL after getting over his injury.

I suppose its like this - I support Wise because I think he is better in the centres and has more talent and/or'semblance' of talent in that position than Peterson or Burt and you think the opposite and prefer the likes of them and Ash - so be it - I respect your opinion. Would not the world be a boring place if we all agreed.

I just hope when Wise plays in the top grade again soon and has a blinder then all will come out and cheer! I remember most did that about McKinnon. He was a liability to most concerned and now is a saviour at fullback

GO THE WISE MACHINE
VOTE 1 WISE FOR NRL PARRA CENTRE!!!

Parra_Eels

Bench
u wanna see the real wise kativerata watch the 1st semi final, second week of finals 2002, dragons vs sharks at sfs