What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wise verse Moodie.

Redback71

First Grade
who's better?
is wise really injured? or is he just crap!
Why didnt we offer moodie a contract for this year? when clearly he still wanted to play.

what i dont understand is how can a player like wise who looks so impressive with a body to match play so crap could you imangin wise's body on burty how much better would he be.

plus why did we let moodie go just to replace him with a winger who is nowhere near as good as he is, do you think moodie would have missed that high ball verse the broncos in his corner no way in moodies hands that would have been a dead set try.

come back Moodie! [-o< [-o< [-o<

The Colonel

Immortal
I don't think Moodie had the intention of playing however as the Fire Brigade intake is not in until later this year and also getting the taste again after playing in the sevens he decided when the Tigers made the offer to take it.

As for letting him go - we didn't. He retired and I am sure that he would of remained with the club if that wasn't his intention. I am pretty sure that he was offered a couple of contracts last year by other clubs as well that he didn't follow up.

Redback71

First Grade
big league mag had an interview and moodie said when he realised his contract with eels was not going to be renewed that he decided to retire instead of play against the eels.

but when he played in the 7's he enjoyed it so much that when the tigers made him an offer he jumped at the chance.

Freak

Juniors
This is true Colonel.
He also has a fantastic contract currently where he does not have to relocate again back in the big smoke and does not have to attend every training session.

Apparantly the sharks were also very keen to get pen to paper with Moods!!

Good luck to Moods I wish he diddn't retire as I thought he still had something to offer, but then again if Grothe played with us last year would have he got a run???

Parraren

Bench
There were really only 2 players out of the 14 we signed that I thought would turn out to be a waste of money - Kativerata & McKinnon. I still stand by this.

Considering we let go of 4 good backs in Tonga, Moodie, Hodgson & Richards I would have preferred to have hung onto one of these 4 (preferably Tonga or Moodie) rather than sign the 2 Souths rejects.

Surely we could have afforded to have kept Tonga or Moodie for the money we signed McKinnon & Kativerata on? Surely! #-o

fish eel

Immortal
We actually offered Tonga a more than decent deal.

He went to the dogs, rightly seeing more of an opportunity, given he had to push out Vaealiki or Lyon.

I dont imagine that wise or mckinnon are eating up to much of our cap though

hh

Juniors
Its disappointing to see Willie Tonga leave thinking he would never get a start over Jamie....... Who'd have thought it would turn out how it did?!?!?!

fish eel

Immortal
Exactly HH.

We offered Tonga a deal, but he wanted to go where he had the best opportunity to play top grade. He saw himself stuck here behind an established centre combination....whereas the dogs lost their centres to other clubs.

strider

Post Whore
Here we go with the brilliant hind sight AGAIN!!!

Many times last season people were calling for the heads of players like Moodie and Hodgson and Willie had a bad game vs Canberra so he was added to the queue for the guillotine.

Now, after they are not resigned and are looking good again, everyone is bitching about why they were let go....make up your minds people. :roll:

I personally don't believe there is a comparison between Moods and Wise - Moods was a great player (still showing he has talent) - he's not fancy razzle-dazzle, but he is consistant and has a good footy brain.

I find the Willie Tonga situation interesting.....he's been playing well for the Doggies, BUT I believe he needs to play better to keep a top grade spot there (either that or hope some ppl get sacked)....El Masri and Utai will always be first picked on the wings - Ben Harris is probably the doggies #1 centre, but is currently out injured....Sonny-Bob-Jimmy-Jo Williams and Lolesi will push for time in the centres along with Tonga.......but as we have seen with Jamie's departure, Willie would probably be getting his time in the centres at Parra....Willie probably made a decent decision at the time ,but my how things change.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Once the Dogs are at full stength Tonga could well find himself in reggies.

but getting back to Moodie the number of times people bagged the tripe out of the guy was very poor and now as was said he is going good again but really only doing what he did week in week out with Parra people want him back.

Moodie never was a flashy player but he was one of the Eels most consistant players and a lot quicker the people gave him credit for.

Dean

Juniors
Moods had Peterson in front of him, and Grothe Jr coming to the club, so he made his choice i guess. I can't see Kativerata getting back anytime soon, unless injuries force smiths hand. GO Ronald.

Phillips

Referee
i was glad too see moodie go, he was just not the player he once was plus he has not got the speed anymore

Latest posts