What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With Perry out...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
and Boyd playing well at fullback yesterday....

is it possible we see hunt moved to 7 which was mooted in the pre season?

or will the safety first option of bringing seymour back into the team occur?

Lockyer showed yesterday against the knights that he can slip into first receiver quite well, i'm wondeirng whetehr this is an oportunity to move Hunt into the halves and give boyd anotehr crack at fullback where he handled himself quite well

Pistol

Coach
I would imagine Casey Maguire goes to half with Ian Lacey going to the starting hooker role.

broncoman

Juniors
there are our options

1 Hunt
6 Lockyer
7 Seymour
9 McGuire

1 Boyd
6 Lockyer
7 Hunt
9 McGuire

1 Hunt
6 Lockyer
7 McGuire
9 Berrigan

imo, we'll see option 1 there...

broncoman

Juniors
That may be the way we go, that way Boyd and Tupou can stay on the wings and we get our two best centres in Hodges and Tate playing the centres and Berrigan to hooker. Id be surprised if Bennett is smart enough to do that these days...

lockyno1

Post Whore
Exactly broncoman and that attack is probally the most lethal we have got. In the end you need to score points. Idealy I'd rather Neville spend 1-2 weeks in the QLD Cup but honestly who else have we got?

broncoman

Juniors
if Costo has to get match fit how about Seymour on the bench, he can be the rotating half/hooker with Berro and McGuire...

Meanie

Juniors
Frankly, considering how we've played without him, I'm scared to have Seymour anywhere near the top grade.

salivor

First Grade
I'm not in favour of moving McGuire, he's our permanent hooker for the rest of the year IMO, no point in moving him when he's playing so well and replacing him with a hack like Berrigan.

I'd personally go with the safest option of bringing Seymour back in as a straight replacement of Perry and really eye the round 14 clash with the Rabbitohs before Origin 2 (where we will be minus our origin stars) as the game to blood Hunt at 5/8.

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
if Costo has to get match fit how about Seymour on the bench, he can be the rotating half/hooker with Berro and McGuire...

Possibly but there is no way he should be the no7- he can't defend. As good as he may be in attack, your no7 needs to tackle as well. At hooker he could go ok, Finch did ok for the Chooks there. I think it is a huge risk putting Costigan back in 1st grade after a long layoff but he'd still probally be my no1 option.

salivor

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Possibly but there is no way he should be the no7- he can't defend. As good as he may be in attack, your no7 needs to tackle as well. At hooker he could go ok, Finch did ok for the Chooks there. I think it is a huge risk putting Costigan back in 1st grade after a long layoff but he'd still probally be my no1 option.

What are you talking about, he'd be required to do even more workload at 9 and Finch could handle it as he's a decent defender.

We've got 3 tough matches up ahead and I really don't think it's wise to be completely rearranging the 1, 6, 7 and 9 all at once. Let's give Seymour one last chance and if not we're going to be required to do some changing around for the Rabbitohs match anyway.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
What are you talking about, he'd be required to do even more workload at 9 and Finch could handle it as he's a decent defender.

We've got 3 tough matches up ahead and I really don't think it's wise to be completely rearranging the 1, 6, 7 and 9 all at once. Let's give Seymour one last chance and if not we're going to be required to do some changing around for the Rabbitohs match anyway.

We gave the Hack 2 years and he did NOTHING! Why would this be any different. Heck you think I want Brett at no9- no but is it better than no7, yes. He is only on the field for 40 minutes then! Macguire is a handy player and can handle the no7 very well.

Big Pete

Referee
According to NRL.com Perry believes he might be a chance to play this weekend.

I'd go for Seymour at halfback.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Big Pete said:
According to NRL.com Perry believes he might be a chance to play this weekend.

Lets hope its true, becuase the other options are dead average considering there is no way Bennet will move Hunt to no7.

Big Pete

Referee
Agreed I hope Perry can return. He was starting to look the goods, even in his limited game time.

The only reason I prefer Seymour is because...he's better than McGuire at Halfback, definatly better than Berrigan and Hunt could be a liability.

Latest posts