What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With Perry out...

Smiley

Bench
Broncos need get some other players from the different QRL teams they are linked too. Or better get berrick barnes back.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Yippee_Wippee said:
Broncos need get some other players from the different QRL teams they are linked too. Or better get berrick barnes back.

How much money do we have for Barnes. I'd be throwing the kitchen sink at him. He'll be on $300,000+ at the Reds next year, if the rumours are correct.

Meanie

Juniors
I'm hoping anyone other than Seymour, Lockyer seems to be playing a lot better since he got a halfback who's better able to compliment him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Meanie said:
I'm hoping anyone other than Seymour, Lockyer seems to be playing a lot better since he got a halfback who's better able to compliment him.

Meaning one that can tackle in other words!:lol:

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Well we all ate our words tonight. Seymour was superb and his kicking game almost perfect, as well as good runs like any halfback should!!! Lets hope he keeps it up. Well done Brett.

lockyno1

Post Whore
F..k Seymour had his one ok game in 12 months! He'll live off this performance for 12 months now. Perry is a better no7!

salivor

First Grade
Come on Locky, don't be a bad sport. Seymour had a very good game and I'm man enough to admit that, I can't really think of one bad kick all night and he actually ran to the line with some purpose, that's well above some of the rubbish he was dishing up early on this season.

The challenge for him though is to play like that on a weekly basis because consistancy is his biggest problem and why we had to turn to Perry in the first place. Certainly though it's good for the club to have 2 halfbacks keeping each other on their toes and of course Hunt putting pressure on the both of them who looked great again last night.

On Hunt, Surely the Qld selectors must be very tempted to play him at fullback if not for his form of late or his Australian selection but just for his combination with Lockyer. There would still be room for Bowen on the bench and Inglis at either centre or wing.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
No Hunt in the QLD side please.

Broncos will have a bit of money free with Webcke retiring, so they could use some of that to lure Barnes back if they need to.

Smiley

Bench
JoeysWheelchair said:
No Hunt in the QLD side please.

Broncos will have a bit of money free with Webcke retiring, so they could use some of that to lure Barnes back if they need to.

Barnes is almost certain to resign for the reds for 3-4 years. just read in sunday mail.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
Come on Locky, don't be a bad sport. Seymour had a very good game and I'm man enough to admit that, I can't really think of one bad kick all night and he actually ran to the line with some purpose, that's well above some of the rubbish he was dishing up early on this season.

The challenge for him though is to play like that on a weekly basis because consistancy is his biggest problem and why we had to turn to Perry in the first place. Certainly though it's good for the club to have 2 halfbacks keeping each other on their toes and of course Hunt putting pressure on the both of them who looked great again last night.

On Hunt, Surely the Qld selectors must be very tempted to play him at fullback if not for his form of late or his Australian selection but just for his combination with Lockyer. There would still be room for Bowen on the bench and Inglis at either centre or wing.

Seymour played ONE good game! About the same as his strike rate in the last 3 years! He lives off one performance per year!

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Seymour played ONE good game! About the same as his strike rate in the last 3 years! He lives off one performance per year!
Did you even read his post? He clearly referred to consistency as a major issue for Seymour!

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Hence the reason I am not sold on the Hack!:?
The point of Seymour's inconsistency was acknowledged, yet you keep jibbering on! Seriously, give it a rest!

salivor

First Grade
Perry is probably going to still be out for a week or two yet so like it or not Seymour is going to get another crack at the halfback spot. If he goes back to old ways and has another shocker or two then I don't think Bennett will have any hesitation in going back to Perry if fit and healthy and so he should. I've made my views on Seymour clear on this board but at the end of the day I just want someone playing well in the 7 for the Broncos, whoever it is.

broncoman

Juniors
geez locky lay off Seymour please, surely we can have one week free where you arent running him into the ground...

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
geez locky lay off Seymour please, surely we can have one week free where you arent running him into the ground...

Hey I gave Seymour a compliment! I said he played his one ok match which will make him survive for 12 mths!

broncoman

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Hey I gave Seymour a compliment! I said he played his one ok match which will make him survive for 12 mths!
i shudder to think how nice you'll be if he has a blinder next week :p

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
i shudder to think how nice you'll be if he has a blinder next week :p

Don't push it although I'll tell you this if Seymour plays 5 GOOD games in a row I'll take the bannerB down!

Latest posts