What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With things not going so well on the field

T-Boon

Coach
What are people getting into?
Myself?
I am getting into mountain biking and I do a bit of birding (I am thinking of joining a club).
Also I am f**king hanging out for American Football season to start.

Chipmunk

Coach
What are people getting into?
Myself?
I am getting into mountain biking and I do a bit of birding (I am thinking of joining a club).
Also I am f**king hanging out for American Football season to start.

Birding?

I've been refining the pitch for a reality TV show I've been developing for years now, called 'Biggest merkin on My Street', in which every family on a cul-de-sac is privately approached to be on a show where they have to be merkins to their neighbours. The catch is, that everyone is told that they are the only people on their own street who are playing the game, and that the TV show features 1 family from each capital city. Then in week 6, the producers start slipping 1 family some ice, and another some weapons. You get the gist.

T-Boon

Coach
I'll give my thoughts on why I think birding is a great pass time a little later. I think a lot more people should get into it.
Abraham Lincoln? Birder.
Mark Wahlberg? Birder.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Actual footage of me birding after one too many beers...
giphy.gif

Twitching?

Definition:
(noun) A twitcher is a type of birder who seeks to add as many species as possible to their life list, often without detailed or long-term observation of individual birds. Instead, twitchers are often characterized as being satisfied only with achieving a confirmed identification as quickly as possible. These types of birders are regularly associated with poor birding ethics, though that generalization does not apply universally to every twitcher and only serves to promote controversy and discord about this type of birding.

https://www.thespruce.com/twitcher-in-birding-description-386922

Yep, this is for real.

Yes, look into a movie called 'A Big Year' with Steve Martin and Jack Black.
It isn't a great movie but it also isn't terrible. It is about a couple very serious birders that would be thought of as twitchers.
As sub cultures go, birding? Why not?

I prefer The Dectorists.

T-Boon

Coach
The birding stuff has derailed this thread somewhat. That (and mountain biking) is just what I am doing a bit more of during this monstrosity of a season. This thread is about what we all are getting up to. Hobbies or whatever. I thought it might be a good idea for a thread. It is a tough time to be an Eels fan, we should support one another.

Latest posts