What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden spoon favourite?

Wooden spoon favourite?

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Cronulla Sharks

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Nth Qld Cowboys

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters

The 18th Man

Juniors
It's early, though I am concerned greatly for the Parramatta Eels and Gold Coast Titans, moreso the latter as the Eels showed they promise in round one.

After a couple rounds, has your wooden spoon prediction changed?

The 18th Man

Juniors
Gold Coast Titans

I had them outside the eight in 2011, early form suggests they are wooden spoon favourites. They look a mess. If Plan A falters, there is no Plan B. An emerging trend with John Cartwright teams it seems. Last night with 55-60% of the posession against a bumbling Brisbane side they still lost scoring the one try off some brilliant individual stuff by Steve Michaels.

There is no help for Prince it seems outside of a fit Nathan Friend. I thought Bird was the answer at 6, he still is, though he was horrible yet again last night (seems well off his best). The locals up there are fickle bunch, a 0-3 team (the first time since their return) will really start to test the crowds who failed to sell out Robina last night. As I asked in the game thread, will the bubble burst on the Gold Coast?

Time will tell. The indicators are there and theyt must signal warning bells to Searle and co.

I said before the season started it'd be either one of Penrith, North Queensland or Cronulla. I stick by those comments.

Even though, Gold Coast have been very disappointing, with the calibre of players in the team, you just cannot see them finish 16th. I also had them outside the top 8 before the season. Also, have to take in account they have played some very good teams in their opening 3 rounds.

Nemesis

Bench
Smith to suffer his usual second year syndrome and be sacked by season's end and Roosters to reprise their 2009 performance.

The Sharks. Just as one swallow does not make a summer, one shock win over the local rivals does not make a winter.

Parramatta will be very lucky to finish above them... may do so on points diff alone.

Eels Dude

Coach
Obviously it's hard to say. Titans looked shaky before the season started simply because they've got a lot of older players who were always going to slow down at one point. Guys like Harrison, Minichiello, Bailey, Campbell etc add a lot of experience. But you cannot carry a whole side of them. Similar to Parramatta and we'll struggle too. Also the Cowboys i have little faith in simply because they've disappointed too many times before.

seaeagle sam

Hate to say it, because despite being Sea Eagles supporter I have always respected them, Eels are my tip I'm afraid. I know it's still early days but I thought they were rabble.

Walker ffs.

Loudstrat

Coach
lol at OP for including Penrith in that list after coming second last year.

The worst thing for us is being $1 million under the salary cap - the talent just isn't there. Still, with fair refereeing last night we would have most likely won. WIth the refereeing we did have, we lost heart, which the top sides wouldn't have. We will get better if we persist with Kearney's style and avoid the spoon.

Cronulla are still my tip. You cannot really judge anything after 2 1/2 rounds.

The worst thing for us is being $1 million under the salary cap - the talent just isn't there. Still, with fair refereeing last night we would have most likely won. WIth the refereeing we did have, we lost heart, which the top sides wouldn't have. We will get better if we persist with Kearney's style and avoid the spoon.

:lol:

The 18th Man

Juniors

Cronulla are still my tip. You cannot really judge anything after 2 1/2 rounds.

Gold Coast came fourth too. Oh well.

I've butchered the poll, should have included ALL teams.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Parra

terrible roster and you can see they're way under the cap as has been reported in the media

Latest posts