What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden spoon favourite?

Wooden spoon favourite?

• Gold Coast Titans

Votes: 20 16.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Cronulla Sharks

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 34 28.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Nth Qld Cowboys

Votes: 9 7.5%

• Total voters

Titanic

First Grade
Good battle for the spoon. As much as I'd rather be 3-0 than the reverse, I'm encouraged by the necessity for Cartwright to make changes to the mates club he's turned us into.

We've got some good young guys and now is their time. We won't get the spoon but we'll give it a fright for a while yet.

My vote is Parra because their club management seems rickity with the Cows giving them a run. I think as long as it's wet the Sharks will be safe ... they were solid today.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Weren't the Knights specials for the spoon?

I'm tipping Titans. Their superstars are old and past it, absolutely no depth.

BunniesMan

Immortal
At the moment the Cowboys, Panthers, Warriors and Eels have been just plain crap. Take your pick one of them will get it. Titans won't be much better either.

Eels Dude

Coach
At the moment the Cowboys, Panthers, Warriors and Eels have been just plain crap. Take your pick one of them will get it. Titans won't be much better either.

Souths have been pretty awful too if you care to remember. Just because they happened to win this week because of the referee doesn't mean you're suddenly out of the running for the spoon.

Big Pete

Referee
During the pre-season I went with the Panthers based on a feeling that their attack would only suffer with the departure of Pritchard. Not to mention, with Burns at pivot I couldn't see any improvement. I thought on that basis that they would struggle and like the Roosters injuries would start to mount and a lot of form would begin to wither.

Based on what I've seen, I can't say that will happen. I still don't think they'll make the 8 but I can see them having a similar season to 2006 or even 2008, a couple of impressive wins here and there followed by a lot of embarrassing losses.

So I'm going to change my vote to the Warriors. I just don't like the look of their spine and think it's the worst in the comp. Backline is filled with erratic players and the forward pack isn't good enough to make up for the rest of the side. I predicted a slide at the start of the season and I think without Vatuvei they may go on to collect the spoon. A shame, because the fans are honestly some of the most humble I've met.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
warriors. don't even look like getting a win, whereas most of the other sh*t teams have jagged wins already.

Matt23

Staff member
The Knights might be in with a shout, now that half the squad is now injured :(

pantherz9103

First Grade

Knights will be ok. I think they're a decent chance for the 8. They look like a club on the up and they actually have a good array of halves options.

Definately on form Penrith, Parra, Warriors, Titans and Cowboys are looking poor, although who knows maybe a couple of those teams may turn it around.

Noname36

First Grade

I've gotta agree. :( More than half the squad is literally gone. Including 3 of the spine. And I'm only counting the ones we lost that were actually able to get off the field. Fass, Taia, Sau and Mullo were all stumbling around but had to stay out there.

Latest posts