What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Woolford to Red V - coaching role

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It would definitely wear off very quickly in Canberra. You could visit all three nightclubs in one evening.

There's a reason why they built a road to Sydney.
Sydney has the worst nightlife in Australia due to that big bird in charge. That’s another issue for another time. Canberra actually has a decent nightlife, most centred around one or two areas but there would be 10-15 clubs in Civic, plenty of bars and restaurants too. And you can go place to place all night. Even when I lived in Sydney I actually enjoyed coming back to Canberra, it’s always had more relaxed laws.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Sydney has the worst nightlife in Australia due to that big bird in charge. That’s another issue for another time. Canberra actually has a decent nightlife, most centred around one or two areas but there would be 10-15 clubs in Civic, plenty of bars and restaurants too. And you can go place to place all night. Even when I lived in Sydney I actually enjoyed coming back to Canberra, it’s always had more relaxed laws.
I assume you talking about the lockout laws. Those laws will be mostly scrapped by the end of this year.

Who is the big bird?

But FTR, Sydney is little bit bigger than the Cross.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been to Canberra, and witnessed the evolution of its nightlife since the 1980s. I agree it is very relaxed place, and most people are very open-minded. But I always considered it to be a small-ish city and pretty depressing in winter.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I assume you talking about the lockout laws. Those laws will be mostly scrapped by the end of this year.

Who is the big bird?

But FTR, Sydney is little bit bigger than the Cross.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've been to Canberra, and witnessed the evolution of its nightlife since the 1980s. I agree it is very relaxed place, and most people are very open-minded. But I always considered it to be a small-ish city and pretty depressing in winter.
Yeah of course it’s smaller, but the cold you get used to and global warming has its perks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah of course it’s smaller, but the cold you get used to and global warming has its perks.
Well, that confirms my suspicions.

I doubt you'll be of the same mind when the place is flooding. Being wet and cold is a little harder to get used to.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well, that confirms my suspicions.

I doubt you'll be of the same mind when the place is flooding. Being wet and cold is a little harder to get used to.
It was a joke mate, we had a very warm winter maybe -6 once or twice max compared to several -10 mornings like usual. And on the wet thing, It’s bone dry here, haven’t had good rain for months.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was a joke mate, we had a very warm winter maybe -6 once or twice max compared to several -10 mornings like usual. And on the wet thing, It’s bone dry here, haven’t had good rain for months.
I'm dead serious as well.

Sound positively balmy. I can see youse all in thongs and shorts and not much else, and nightclubbing like no there's no tomorrow.

You'll be wet soon enough. Those melting snowies have got to go somewhere.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'm dead serious as well.

Sound positively balmy. I can see youse all in thongs and shorts and not much else, and nightclubbing like no there's no tomorrow.

You'll be wet soon enough. Those melting snowies have got to go somewhere.
I will be dead long before then, but by that stage Sydney will be underwater so I’m not sure who’s copping worse to be honest.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I will be dead long before then
Yep, same here. But therein lies a big reason why not enough is being done.

Personally I am more concerned about my kids and their kids. And that, my friend, is the only part my conversation here that is no joke.

Sorry, gone completely off topic. But who gives a shit.

Sack McGregor. Go Saints NRLW and Reserves.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yep, same here. But therein lies a big reason why not enough is being done.

Personally I am more concerned about my kids and their kids. And that, my friend, is the only part my conversation here that is no joke.

Sorry, gone completely off topic. But who gives a shit.

Sack McGregor. Go Saints NRLW and Reserves.
I care about my kids too, that’s why I don’t encourage my son to follow St George. He hasn’t done anything to deserve the pain.

Reactions: jak

possm

Coach
Now if I were the CEO of SGI I'd give JD a call and let him know that he is our preferred choice for the first grade coaching position. I'd invite him to come back as assistant coach and guarantee he will become interim first grade coach in April 2020. I'd also strongly hint that he will gain a 3 year extension at season's end providing he performs well - makes the 8.

I feel very sure JD would take up such an offer and so thus de-railing the push for Dean Young to be our next first grade coach.

The Youngs and other old boys will be so pissed off that they may just take their bat and ball and go home.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Now if I were the CEO of SGI I'd give JD a call and let him know that he is our preferred choice for the first grade coaching position. I'd invite him to come back as assistant coach and guarantee he will become interim first grade coach in April 2020 with the hint he will gain a 3 year extension at season's end providing he performs well.

Why would he come here when he is more than likely going to replace Bennett @ Souths.

That ship has well and truly sailed into the sunset. Pretty simple choice Souths > Us

As someone else stated...we are now the new Souths...just before they were going to be kicked out of the comp with piggins and other old boys involved..........

Sad days indeed. Shame on the board.

possm

Coach
Why would he come here when he is more than likely going to replace Bennett @ Souths.

That ship has well and truly sailed into the sunset. Pretty simple choice Souths > Us

As someone else stated...we are now the new Souths...just before they were going to be kicked out of the comp with piggins and other old boys involved..........

Sad days indeed. Shame on the board.
There is no certainty he will replace Bennett who has a 3 year deal. Just look what happened at the Broncos.

We are just one Mary sacking away from being competitive again and just one dummy spit away from WIN selling their shares or St George clearing out the deadwood they have on the Board.

All is not lost. First step is to sack Mary and promote JD to first grade coach.

getsmarty

Immortal
There is no certainty he will replace Bennett who has a 3 year deal. Just look what happened at the Broncos.

We are just one Mary sacking away from being competitive again and just one dummy spit away from WIN selling their shares or St George clearing out the deadwood they have on the Board.

All is not lost. First step is to sack Mary and promote JD to first grade coach.

He won't be coming back here after what transpired to him in the past.

BLM01

First Grade
Does anyone know if Huddersfield survived relegation.
That way Dragons will be saved of getting Woolford
He is coming to Aus if they got relegated, staying if they dont.

watatank

Coach
Does anyone know if Huddersfield survived relegation.
That way Dragons will be saved of getting Woolford
He is coming to Aus if they got relegated, staying if they dont.

They survived, won their last round game against Catalans