What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Champions’ Sydney Roosters appear on billboards in Super Bowl 53 host city Atlanta

DC_fan

Coach
sydney-roosters_17y1jpsrexxbq14mfs5ftnzswd.jpg

The giant ads are part of an advertising campaign designed to grab the attention of NFL fans ahead of the code's showcase event on Monday, February 4 (AEDT).

Roosters skipper Boyd Cordner, full-back James Tedesco and centre Latrell Mitchell are the players featured on the giant ads appearing in three different locations in Atlanta.

The NRL has hired three billboards featuring the images of Roosters stars and the slogan - Sydney Roosters World Champions of Football - in Atlanta ahead of Super Bowl 53.

Perennial champions the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams will do battle in America's biggest annual sporting event next month.

https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...3-host-city-atlanta/kztijypw58s21tmn3lwphwpxz

I am not sure what the NRL wants or expects to get out of the. Not sure how much this is costing the NRL, but for mine it is a complete and utter waste of time and money. Americans will either ignore or just laugh at it. Either way Americans will quickly forget the signs

It is a farce. Everyone in the world knows that the Sydney Roosters are going to win. But why pretend that it has already happened? This is embarrassing Australian in the eyes of the Americans, who are the most important people in the world after Australians.,

Perth Red

Post Whore
Must be a slow month for the nrl marketing team! Apart from the fact our claim of a world champion is nearly as big a farce as the nrl’s given it is nothing but a pre season friendly, and do we really want to annoy a potential market for the game, it’s a great use of the nrl’s money!

sempmrh

Juniors
I get what they mean by it but I'm confused as to what they're hoping to get out of it. I doubt it'll even register with people over there and even if it does, what's the next step the NRL is hoping for them to make? There's no call to action telling people how they can watch the NRL in the US. There's a Twitter handle and a hashtag and that's it. Buying a few billboards around the Super Bowl isn't the worst idea but what they've gone with here doesn't help the NRL or rugby league as a whole at all.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Yeah. Really don't get what the strategy is behind this. Splash up a billboard and for what. What are people meant to think of it or even do about it

siv

First Grade
If Easts paid for it - then fine they have money. Other than its incorrect and a insult to Wigan and Melbourne

If the NRL paid for it - then I am deadset against wasting money in this manner at the expense of junior RL and it should be deducted from Easts grant and guven to junior RL

I doubt RLIF paid for it

Anyway the yanks its about some junior baseball club in Ohio

siv

First Grade
It’s abit confusing about the intention behind these I think it’s targeted as a bit of a stir to get attention in Australia then any genuine attempt to get new fans in the US.

You will be hearing Easts will be getting all expenses paid seating at the SuperBowl soon

DC_fan

Coach
It’s abit confusing about the intention behind these I think it’s targeted as a bit of a stir to get attention in Australia then any genuine attempt to get new fans in the US.

I think the NRL is probably a little confused with why it is doing it. I really don’t see any value in doing this.

Latest posts