What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WORLD CUP? What World Cup!

THRUM HALL

Juniors
Our game again shoots itself in the foot! April 2006 and still no news when definately or even where in Australia games will be played!No Sponsors nothing! Pathetic is what I would say. How are we ever going to promote our game when its run by idiots who only care what happens A) In Australia and/or B) what happens at their club be it SL or NRL?

How are people in Holland, Russia, georgia, USA etc suppose to promote themselves when Colin Love and the ARl and the RLIF dont want to promote the game or help anybody involved in developing the game? The sooner the ARL get somebody new in and make rapid across the board changes the better. The RFL have managed it after 100 years to have somebody who cares about the game both at home and elsewhere maybe the Australians could do the same?

I will be surprised if the World Cup is on let alone be a success

Lantana

Juniors
I agree but with the launch of the tri nations on i think it is important everybodies focus is on that.
It is why GF tickets don't go on sale until August etc you don't want to clutter the market.
May/June this year is a good time to make the announcement i reckon

YANTO

Juniors
Sorry again just can not resist this.
Yanto just cant keep his mouth shut(thats me guys )

I agree but with the launch of the tri nations on i think it is important everybodies focus is on that.
It is why GF tickets don't go on sale until August etc you don't want to clutter the market.

GET REAL WILL YOU
By mid june six world cup qualifiers will have been played in Russia,Holland,georgia and Serbia.

Lets make an announcement when games have already been completed BLOODY TREMENDOUS.
THREE WEEKS TODAY (Aussie time) 28th April the WORLD CUP STARTS and yet still NOTHING FROM THE RLIF.

I will be honest here (as always).
The lack of information and direction coming from the governing bodies has cost the Dutch a hell of a lot of potential sponsorship from WORLD KNOWN BRANDS for the world cup qualifiers.

Potential sponsors have had nothing CONCERETE to assess the potential value of their investment.

We have had very very good talks with some major companies but once they ask for HARD and CONCERETE evidence we have not been able to supply it.

Who else is involved outside europe,which other nations will be eligable to qualify for the Atlantic group,the pacific group, when will the reportage take place and where,what is the potential audience and media coverage for these games etc etc.

Its a bit like another of your comments mate.
Anyway Yanto, thanks for everything, I guess there will be more news on the Netherlands website now! lol.
http://nnrlb.atspace.com/page31.html (KEEP OF WC HOME as the link is not working and we are working on the probelm BUT a full WC site is THERE)is the only website as far as I know that has ANY WC information on it.
Player profiles,fixtures.venues, they are all listed.

Is this information available on the Russian,Georgia,Serbia Lebanon Wales Ireland Scotland England Aussie new zealand PNG etc or even the IRFL website.
I think not.
We may be small but we are doing our best to promote the RLWC proberbly better than any other organisation its just that to everyone else (ok the big three) the WC wont start until 2008.

Getting really pissed off with the whole affair and total lack of support.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
YANTO, don't know what to say other than "keep your chin up" mate.

Great to see you back from your self-imposed exile too! It put a smile on my face when I saw you had posted.

taipan

Referee
Great to see you back on deck Yanto,bloody abysmal the "RLIF " still hasnt got it set in concrete.
Surely the venues are lined up,the number of teams ditto.It would appear to narrow it down to tournament sponsorship and /or Tv rights.Sheeesh they have had enough time.

THRUM HALL

Juniors
YANTO said:
Sorry again just can not resist this.
Yanto just cant keep his mouth shut(thats me guys )

GET REAL WILL YOU
By mid june six world cup qualifiers will have been played in Russia,Holland,georgia and Serbia.

Lets make an announcement when games have already been completed BLOODY TREMENDOUS.
THREE WEEKS TODAY (Aussie time) 28th April the WORLD CUP STARTS and yet still NOTHING FROM THE RLIF.

I will be honest here (as always).
The lack of information and direction coming from the governing bodies has cost the Dutch a hell of a lot of potential sponsorship from WORLD KNOWN BRANDS for the world cup qualifiers.

Potential sponsors have had nothing CONCERETE to assess the potential value of their investment.

We have had very very good talks with some major companies but once they ask for HARD and CONCERETE evidence we have not been able to supply it.

Who else is involved outside europe,which other nations will be eligable to qualify for the Atlantic group,the pacific group, when will the reportage take place and where,what is the potential audience and media coverage for these games etc etc.

Its a bit like another of your comments mate.
Anyway Yanto, thanks for everything, I guess there will be more news on the Netherlands website now! lol.
http://nnrlb.atspace.com/page31.html (KEEP OF WC HOME as the link is not working and we are working on the probelm BUT a full WC site is THERE)is the only website as far as I know that has ANY WC information on it.
Player profiles,fixtures.venues, they are all listed.

Is this information available on the Russian,Georgia,Serbia Lebanon Wales Ireland Scotland England Aussie new zealand PNG etc or even the IRFL website.
I think not.
We may be small but we are doing our best to promote the RLWC proberbly better than any other organisation its just that to everyone else (ok the big three) the WC wont start until 2008.

Getting really pissed off with the whole affair and total lack of support.

Feel for you Malta, Germany, Serbia, Russia, Georgia etc. How are you suppossed to market yourself and the Sport when the people like Colin Love and Co dont have a clue and dont give a damn!

Once again we hear bugger all on any WC or even Qualification of a WC. WHY?

April 12 what happened to some announcement at the end of March? Bit about the Tri Nations and thats it!:evil: If I was Yanto I would honestly consider pulling out as there is NO guarentee a WC will take place, No dates, No Venues, No Sponsors, NOTHING! The silence is deafening and the reason this alleged world Cup will be a failure is because the leaders of the game dont give a damn and have no interest. The Marketing skills of the ARL/RLIF are non-existant. Union has no need to worry about League as the games leaders are weak, clueless and cant organize anything. The sooner a new regime at the ARL and the RLIF and other areas of the Sport move in the better - Til then the Sport will always be a second rate joke sadly

Heritage XIII

Juniors
I was speaking to an ARL development officer a couple of weeks ago at a schools comp and she did not know a world cup was on!

Asked if she could mention it at an upcoming meeting so to organise some kind of grass roots/world cup scheme i.e adopt a school/world cup team, or revenue raising for junior clubs-based on tickets sold to members

I just cannot wait for 2008 to ome around australia will put on the best football world cup ever and show those union boys and stupid bloody soccer girlies how it's done!!

deluded pom?

Coach
Originally Posted by YANTO
Yea but people at the top level dont,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:roll:

taipan said:
Give them time,they will.;-)

Only when they can claim they have this World wide game that they created . Leaching off the back of real grafters for the game like Yanto , Der Kaiser and the rest of the guys out there in the field , not sat on their ar$e in some office in Sydney . The RLEF has shown the way . At least they CAN organise a pi$$ up in a brewery unlike the ARL , unless of course it's a club orientated , Australia based pi$$ up .

Latest posts