What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Rugby League Cup in 2008?

Once Dead

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
Drubbings are going to occur, Australia is playing in it right ?

The number one sign from the fake Rugby WC that showed a RLWC can suceed in Australia.....

-=* 46,000 at Lang Park for Scotland vs Fiji *=-

With the proper marketing, as many Brisbane people will show up for Scotland vs Fiji at RL.

But the games that well should be enthusiastic about are games involving Russia, Lebanon, Fiji, Samoa, Wales.

Amongst themselves they will be competitive. Everyone bar England and NZ will cop a drubbing, but for the RL fan, this is more about the spectacle.

These games for _US_ fans, it will fill 20-25,000 seaters such as Parramatta, North Power, WIN, Dairy Farmers.

And by the end it will give Tas Bateiri and the RLIF probably around $5 million to make his job a lot easier.

46, 000 will not show up to watch Fiji play Scotland in RL despite throwing $100million into the promotion of it......unfortunately that's the truth......and if a RLWC was staged with fledgling nations at this stage we would be digging a huge financial hole, not to mention destroying the credibility of our game, which would only give Yawnion a leg up

joshreading

Staff member
I think it should be a ten team comp - this would be different but would it matter to Aussies - what if England played and Ireland - Scotland - Wales joined forces to make the Celts - I think it could be a fairly competitive side.

Thus

Australia
PNG
NZ
Eng
Celts
France
Lebanon
Russia
Fiji
and Qualifier

They should get players like Civenoceva and Lote when he returns to play for Fiji.

NRL World Cup Promotion Idea

Eg. Bulldogs/West Tigers joint - Lebanon
Cowboys - PNG
Broncos - Fiji
Roosters - Russia
Newcastle - France
Melbourne - Celts

Each NRL club should use its resources to promote the games at their stadiums. Encourage all Newcastle fans to follow France over the tournament - even follow them to Sydney for games - thus we could group in NRL groups virtually.

What do you think of the promotion idea? Maybe you have different connections and for a reason?

The Observer

Staff member
joshreading said:
NRL World Cup Promotion Idea

Eg. Bulldogs/West Tigers joint - Lebanon
Cowboys - PNG
Broncos - Fiji
Roosters - Russia
Newcastle - France
Melbourne - Celts

Each NRL club should use its resources to promote the games at their stadiums. Encourage all Newcastle fans to follow France over the tournament - even follow them to Sydney for games - thus we could group in NRL groups virtually.

What do you think of the promotion idea? Maybe you have different connections and for a reason?

This is a good idea. I'm posting it over to the International Forum.

thuganomics

Coach
How about its like this

Australia
France
America
Namibia
PNG

Pool B
England
Wales
Russia
Fiji
Japan

Pool C
NZ
Lebanon
Tonga
Scotland

AND WITH NZ,ENGLAND AND AUS, WHO CAN GET THE HIGHEST SCORE!

carlnz

Bench
How bout....

Group 1

Australia
Wales
Lebanon

Group 2

New Zealand
Samoa
Tonga

Group 3

England
Ireland
Fiji
Qualifiy 1

Group 4

PNG
Scotland
France
Qualifiy 2

While in Group 3 and 4 we have to open postions for teams like Russia, Usa, Morroco And Cook Islands who wil square off with other teams that can affored to play in a World Cup Qualifier.......This means that they go in to an easy pool and with the two top teams being England and France they are going to meet, while they get a chance to win some games....it should also cut down the massive margins and get the top 12 teams closer together interms of competing.....and give the next two best countries the best opertunity to grow by playing in the world cup...

I think a full strength Lebanon team Vs Australia would be one hell of a clash at Telstra Stadium...you would get around 50,000 for that match!!

With Group 2 Playing in New Zealand, you should get at least 15,000 per match, even when Samoa play Tonga, you would get 15,000 easy!

well its my dream......but i would sugest that at then end of 2005 all teams should get ranked by how many games and the results, with the top 12 going straight into the World Cup, I would hate to see a team get in that has played no games in 2 years and see a team like Lebanon miss out that has done so much for International Rugby league since 2000......

Latest posts