What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Wrestling Entertainment 2013

Misanthrope

Staff member
My previous diary hit a rather major snag when TEW 2010 corrupted my save in shifting between computers, so I've had to start afresh and I'm starting from the first Raw of 2013.

I have, however, made just one major change - the first episode of the year will not only feature a number of huge matches to get things off with a bang, but it'll also be the first draft in a long time. See below...

RAW-wwe-raw-29521761-410-305.jpg

RAW PREVIEW

2013 is expected to get off to a huge start with exclusive news from WWE.com that Vince McMahon will be in attendance to co-ordinate the first draft since April, 2011.

The brand split between Raw and Smackdown is not only returning, but it will be headed up by two new general managers to be announced on Raw. Will Vickie Guerrero and Teddy Long hold onto their jobs or does the WWE board have a totally new direction in mind?

But what fans really want to know is where will their favourite superstars be drafted? They'll have to tune in on Monday night to find out who will be rocking Monday nights and who will be changing Friday nights on Smackdown.

If that weren't enough to get you excited - Monday's Raw will feature a number of high profile matches:

- Ryback will take on CM Punk for the WWE Title in a TLC match
- Sheamus and Big Show will square off one final time in a hellacious cage match for the World Heavyweight Title
- Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston will be defending their titles in a six man scramble match featuring Wade Barrett, R-Truth, Santino Marella, and Zack Ryder
- Team Hell No will put their tag straps on the line against the Rhodes Scholars
- Eve Torres will defend her WWE Divas title
- John Cena will face Big E Langston
- Alberto Del Rio & The Miz will have another mystery partner in attendance to take on 3MB.

Plus we'll see fallout from the Shield's brutal attacks on Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara, Tommy Dreamer, and Ric Flair last week. What role will the Shield play in the new year and the WWE's new direction?​

-------------

I'm open to suggestions when it comes to who you would like to see a GM of each brand and who you would like to see on each brand. First show to come soon.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
The first Raw of 2013 kicks off with plenty of fanfare – pyros exploding and music blaring as Michael Cole, JBL, and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler welcome us to 2013 and to what promises to be one hell of an edition of Raw.

The trio are quick to run through the stacked card for the evening – highlighting the fact all six of the WWE titles are on the line as well as the announcement as to who will be running Raw and Smackdown under the newly reinstated brand extension.

They don’t get much time to speculate on who will be running things though before the suitably epic music of Ric Flair hits and the Nature Boy makes his way out to the ring in a suit and looking ready for business.

Flair: You know something happened last week when CM Punk called me out… WOOOO… you see, CM Punk lit a fire under the Nature Boy’s ass. Ever since Shawn Michaels ended my career, I’ve been twiddling my thumbs and tossing and turning at night. All the champagne and limousines and high flyin’ couldn’t fill the hole that had been left in me.
WOOOO

Cole: Could it be? Is the Nature Boy going to come out of retirement.

Lawler: Yeah right, Cole. And I’m going to step into the ring and wrestle an iron man match.

Flair: You see, this old dog can still go – but I’ve got nothin’ left to prove. I’m the dirtiest player in the game and I proved that again and again and again and again. I’m the sixty minute man, the master of the figure four, and no two bit punk is going to make me doubt that. WOOOO

Flair is about to say more, but Cult of Personality hits and the WWE Champion, CM Punk is out with Paul Heyman at his side. He laps up the boos (and woos) from the crowd before he starts talking.

Punk: Sorry for interrupting, Ric, but I just couldn’t stand back there while a washed up has been stole screen time when the focus of tonight should be on me. I’ve held the WWE Title in three separate years now, people. Count ‘em. 2011, 2012, and 2013. What were you doing in the last year, Ric? Writing alimony cheques? Doing your best not to slip and fall in the shower? Realizing that watching The Price is Right was the high point of your depressing existence?

Flair: You shut your mouth boy. You show me some damn respect. WOOO!

Punk: Or what? You’ll embarrass yourself and your legacy by stepping into the ring with me? You’ll shout nonsensically and wooo over the top of everything I say? You’ll run away to Florida and try to make yourself relevant again? You’ll…

Flair: Shut up, you smart mouthed little son of a bitch! You might just be the best in the world, but that doesn’t mean I can’t smack you in the mouth and put you on your ass.

Punk shrugs and hands the WWE title to Heyman before strutting down towards the ring.

JBL: Flair might have bitten off more than he can chew here. Punk is not a man to be trifled with.

Cole: What else could Flair do? Punk insulted him.

JBL: Wounded pride hurts a whole lot less than a broken bone.

Flair has thrown off his jacket and has his dukes up ready to take on CM Punk, but before it can deteriorate into violence, we're told it's time to play the game as Triple H appears at the top of the ramp.

Punk: Well, well, well, Hunter is out to look out for his mentor. How sweet.

Triple H: Oh, I'm not out here to get Ric's back, Punk. I just wanted front row seats for tonight when Ryback clobbers you with a chair and takes that title of yours. If you want to fight Ric, you go ahead. But if I were you, I'd be more worried about saving my energy for Ryback.

Punk: The man I've already beaten twice? That knuckle-dragging mouth-breather? The fact that I'm having to face him again is just another in a long string of injustices against me. I don't expect that to change when you inevitably announce one of your friends as general manager, either.

Triple H: You say you've beaten him twice, Punk - but you've yet to do it without a little help from Shield. Mighty convenient, wouldn't you say?

Punk: I told you -

Triple H: Yeah, you don't have anything to do with them. Funny how they're always there to lend you a helping hand, eh? Well, I'll tell you what - if they get involved in your match with Ryback tonight, your reign as champion will be over. I'll gladly strip you of that belt and I'll let the Royal Rumble winner take the gold to Wrestlemania.

Punk is incensed, but he can't respond before he's clipped from behind by Ric Flair. The Nature Boy attempts to lock the WWE Champion in the figure four, but he scurries to safety.

Punk: I'll deal with you later, old man. And Triple H, you're little tactic doesn't change anything. I've beaten Ryback twice and I've beaten everybody else you've thrown at me. When I beat you and Vince's latest pet project later tonight, I'll take my place at Royal Rumble and I'll put another of your myth's to bed when I make The Rock go to sleep and send him back to Hollywood minus a few teeth.

His piece spoken, CM Punk heads back up the ramp - exchanging angry eyes with Triple H.

COMMERCIAL

We're back from the break with our first action of the night as Team Hell No square off against The Rhodes Scholars, who recently won the right to a shot at the tag team titles.

Match 1 - The Rhodes Scholars vs. Team Hell No (c) for the WWE Tag Titles
The reinvigorated tag division gets a chance to showcase two of its finest teams as Cody Rhodes starts off against Daniel Bryan.

The fans are firmly behind the champions, but Bryan is fighting a losing battle as he is continually isolated by the arrogant younger team. Rhodes and Sandow work Bryan over repeatedly, but the plucky former champion frustrates them with his tenacity. The hot tag eventually comes and the Big Red Machine cleans house and puts the champions back in the game.

The end comes after Bryan is able to make the blind tag and hit a flying double foot stomp to the prone Rhodes. Sandow charges into the ring and eats a chokeslam from Kane, allowing Bryan to lock in the No Lock and force the submission from Rhodes.
WINNERS AND STILL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Team Hell No by submission after 11:09

-------------------------

We cut backstage to find the newly formed alliance of AJ, Dolph Ziggler, and Big E Langston hanging out in the dressing room. After last month aligning himself with AJ and the Money in the Bank winner, the big man is scheduled to face John Cena later in the show.

Matt Striker is on hand to ask the pressing questions.

Striker: Mr. Langston... sir... I was wondering if I could take a moment of your time?

The big man simply stares Striker down, prompting Ziggler to snatch the mike.

Ziggler: My friend, Big E has a lot on his mind right now. He's making his in ring debut later and he needs to focus on that. What you should be asking is what Dolph Ziggler thinks about the change in management and the upcoming draft.

Striker: Uh... okay... what do you think?

AJ grabs the mike away before Ziggler can speak.

AJ: Anything that sees Vickie Guerrero out of a job is a good thing in my eyes. I've told WWE management that I'd be more than happy to resume my role if they need me. In the mean time, all that matters is that Dolph, Big E, and I are a package deal. Later tonight, Big E is going to dominate John Cena and sometime real soon, Dolph is going to be the World Heavyweight Champion.

The camera pans out to show an irate Vickie Guerrero standing nearby.

Vickie: Excuse me? EXCUSE ME? You think I'm done with the three of you? I have it on good authority that the WWE Board of Directors are more than happy with my tenure and they'll be announcing me as the GM of Raw or Smackdown later tonight.

AJ rolls her eyes.

Vickie: But regardless of what they say, I'm still general manager for now and I can still make a match or two. Later tonight, both you and Dolph will be stepping into the ring. AJ, you'll get a match against Eve Torres for the WWE Diva's Title. If you don't win, you won't be going anywhere with Dolph or your new boy toy. You'll be... FIRED.

AJ's smirk quickly disappears and Dolph moves to protest.

Vickie: And you? Don't think I've forgotten about you, Dolph. You don't toy with a Guerrero's heart and get away with it. You'll have a match tonight as well. You'll be facing Randy Orton with that Money in the Bank contract of yours on the line.

Dolph and AJ both begin to shout their protests, but Big E silences them with a raised hand.

Big E: Woman, you've just written two death sentences. And John Cena, I'm going to hit you so hard tonight that I'll knock you back to when fans still cheered for you.

Striker and Vickie are brushed aside as the irate trio make their exit.

COMMERCIAL

We're back from the break with WWE Diva's Champion, Eve Torres on her way out to the ring. She is soon joined by a subdued AJ accompanied by her new friend, Big E Langston.

Match 2 - Eve Torres (c) vs. AJ
This match isn't exactly pretty, but AJ does a good job of telling the story of an insane person willing to do anything to keep her job. She throws herself into everything and screams almost as much as Melina at ringside, but Torres' experience shows as she is able to not only avoid being pinned - but seems to be trying to goad AJ into getting herself disqualified.

Eve twice gets the two count on her challenger as the fans rally behind their nerd-crush, and the third attempt sees Big E Langston up on the apron to protest. The referee is quick to cut him off, but somebody else has entered the ring.

Cole: Is that Kharma?

Layfield: Good God, I think it is! The last time I saw her, she was tossing Dolph Ziggler out of last year's Royal Rumble!

Whatever her past with Ziggler, Kharma has eyes only for Eve as she demolishes the Diva's Champion with a clothesline and then follows it up with the Implant Buster. AJ doesn't seem at all surprised by Kharma's involvement, and quickly covers.

The referee predictably turns around in time to count the 1-2-3, and AJ has not only kept her job - she's won the WWE Diva's Title to follow up on her recent Slammy Award for Diva of the Year!
WINNER AND NEW WWE DIVA'S CHAMPION: AJ by pinfall at 7:21

Cole: What a travesty! Eve Torres was just robbed of the WWE Diva's Championship!

Lawler: The puppies! Those poor, poor puppies! What has Kharma done?

Layfield: Kharma has well and truly made her presence felt. What is her relationship with the new Diva's Champion?

The trio don't stick around to answer questions - AJ helped to the back between Big E and Kharma.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
That Punk promo was AWESOME

Thanks, mate. I had plans for Punk to continue on the route the WWE have him on - but that promo got me interested in perhaps going a different route. Stay tuned.

------------------

We're back from the break and it's United States champion, Antonio Cesaro on his way out to the ring. The cocky European has a mike in hand.

Cesaro: Tonight, you will all witness history as your very European United States Champion beats four of your 'best' to unify the United States and Intercontinental Titles. After I do that, I intend on renaming it something more befitting its status. I was thinking that the European Championship had a good ring to it.

The crowd boos.

Cesaro: There is one man in the match tonight who I have a sliver of respect for. Wade Barrett, an Englishman, understands what it is like to be a swimmer in this sea of filth and mediocrity you call America. Wade, could you join us?

Wade Barrett, the former leader of Nexus and the Corre, makes his way down to the ring and shakes hands with Cesaro.

Barrett: Thank you for the introduction, Antonio. I do beg to differ with you on one point, though. You see, while I have nothing but respect for your talents - I can't see you walking out of here tonight with both straps over your shoulder. You may take one home, I grant you, but the Barrett Barrage will be bringing home some gold of its own.

The two share a moment of mutual respect as the crowd continues to boo.

Barrett: I do like your idea of renaming the titles, but I think you aim too low. Why not rename the world title? The tag titles? Why not call it World Wrestling Europe? It's about time the upstart colonials learned their place in the pecking order.

The fans are saved from further talk by Woo woo woo, you know it as Zack Ryder comes out to say his part.

Ryder: Renaming the world title? Renaming the company? European superiority? Are you serious, bro?

And he's not waiting for an answer as he, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, and Santino Marella rush towards the ring to kick start the match.

Match 3 - Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett vs. R-Truth vs. Santino Marella vs. Zack Rydere for the United States and Intercontinental Titles
This one starts with two in the ring and a competitor at each post. The first pinfall is for the United States title and the second for the Intercontinental. Those pinned are eliminated, but those making pins remain in play.

The action comes thick and fast in this one, as some of the WWE's brighest midcard talents put on an exhibition ahead of tonight's draft. R-Truth and Cesaro renew their rivalry while Barrett goes right after Kingston. For their part, Marella and Ryder (both former champions themselves) interject themselves along the way for a few near falls.

It's Marella first eliminated though when his Cobra attempt is countered with a Very European Uppercut from Cesaro who is quick to hit the Neutralizer for the 1-2-3 and retain his title.

Marella's elimination quickly brings R-Truth into the fray and he goes hard after Cesaro, but the tag to Kingston forces the two former partners to do battle. The end comes after a frantic series of exchanges sees Kingston flying off the top rope and caught with the Wasteland from Barrett. Barrett lays out an onrushing R-Truth with the Souvenier Elbow and looks set to claim the gold when he is blind-sided by Cesaro with the Neutralizer.
He's down and Cesaro makes the cover, but Ryder is up on the outside.

Ryder crawls into the ring seeking to break it up.

Ryder lunges desperately...

WINNER AND NEW INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION: Antonio Cesario by pinfall on Wade Barrett in 11:57

Barrett is fuming at the betrayal from his fellow European, but Cesaro isn't hanging around to talk it over. The new joint champion heads to the back as the crowd (and Barrett) bay for his blood.

------

Backstage we find Matt Striker and Paul Heyman.

Striker: Mr. Heyman, may I have a word?

Heyman: You can have several, Matt. What do you need?

Striker: You seem remarkably relaxed. You aren't nervous for CM Punk's title defense against Ryback in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match tonight?

Heyman: Nervous? Why would I be nervous? My boy, Punk has twice beaten Ryback in these over the top gimmick matches.

Striker: But The Shield...

Heyman: Yes, yes, the title will go to Ryback if Shield interfere tonight. Look, we don't have any affiliation whatsoever with Shield, but if they claim to fight against injustice - they'll keep away tonight. CM Punk being robbed of his title would be the greater injustice than Bret Hart being screwed out of the title in 1997. My client truly is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. He's going to prove that tonight. Get yourself a front row seat, Striker. You can see him disprove the myth that is Ryback.

Heyman leaves a stunned Striker holding the mike.

Cole: Words of confidence from Paul Heyman there, but I think his client might be a little less sure of himself.

Layfield: Heyman has a point, Cole. How many times does Punk have to beat this neanderthal before the WWE Universe realises he's nothing more than a flash in the pan?

Lawler: Just once, JBL. Just once without the help of the Shield.

COMMERCIAL

We're back from the break with The Miz in the ring for Miz TV. His guest tonight, he informs us, is Alberto del Rio.

The Mexican star and former champion comes out to a mixed reaction from the crowd, although Lawler and Cole hype up the fact he has twice teamed with The Miz and another legend to embarass 3MB.

Miz: Tonight my guest is Alberto del Rio, my recent partner in crime in the quest to show 3MB up as the jackasses they are. And -

The interview is cut short as 3MB's music hits and Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, and Jinder Mahal at the head of the ramp looking a little irate.

Slater: Woah, woah, woah. Let me just interrupt you there, Miz. You were going to insult us a bit and then wheel out another geriatric never was in an attempt to embarass us and make people cheer for you.

Miz: I don't know that either of us need to make a special effort to embarass you, boys. You do that all on your own.

Drew McIntyre shoves Slater aside and grabs the mike.

McIntyre: Oi! Listen up, boyo. Nobody's talks to the three man band like that. Get your old man out here so the three of us can come down there and beat some respect into you.

Alberto: Okay, okay. We'll get a partner out here, but I don't think you guys are gonna like it...

The lights go out and the crowd goes nuts. A gong sounds.

Cole: Oh my God! The Undertaker! The Phenom! He's back!

The Undertaker, the living legend, appears in the ring between The Miz and Alberto del Rio and 3MB look utterly terrified.

Layfield: What the hell is he doing here?

Lawler: And what the hell are 3MB going to do against an unstoppable force like the Undertaker?

Cole: I guess we're going to find out!

COMMERCIAL

Match #4 - 3MB vs. The Miz, The Undertaker, and Alberto del Rio
This one is all about Undertaker and the crowd lap it up. After del Rio and Miz both allow 3MB some offense and sell the occasion, the hot tag is made to the Phenom who is quick to lay out all three members of 3MB. A Last Ride puts Mahal to bed, a chokeslam lays out McIntyre, and Slater is left to face the Undertaker one on one.

He throws a punch, has it blocked, throws a second, and gets locked in Hell's Gate. The submission is almost instant.

WINNERS: Undertaker, The Miz, and Alberto del Rio by submission in 6:09

The celebrations are short lived, however, as Shield leap the security barriers. The Miz is quickly down to the floor to square off with them, but Dean Ambrose puts him down with a brutal running knee life. As he staggers to his feet, Seth Rollins catches him with the Black Out (running stomp to the back of the head).

Alberto del Rio leaps to his partner's defense - literally - but his crossbody attempt ends in him being caught by Roman Reigns who charges del Rio into the ring post spine first!
The Undertaker, having tossed Slater out of his ring, turns to face the three interlopers. None of them look game to step into the Undertaker's yard, so they instead circle the ring and then enter from three sides at once!

Ambrose is the first in and gets laid out with a stiff punch and Rollins follows suit. Both are back to their feet quickly to press the assault, but the bigger man won't be worn down by their attacks. It takes a running spear/shoulder block by Roman Reigns to stagger the Dead Man, and then he eats a stiff kick to the side of the skull from Ambrose. He's on hands and knees as Rollins makes him eat canvas with a Black Out, and Shield have laid the Undertaker low on the night of his return! All three lay boots and fists into the fallen legend.

Not satisfied with the beating, Reigns and Rollins drag Undertaker to his knees while Ambrose slides out of the ring to fetch a chair. Miz, stumbling to his feet, gets a taste of the steel before he can intervene.

Undertaker isn't done yet though, he shrugs off his two assailants and plants Rollins with a chokeslam before Reigns can clip him from behind and bring him back to his knees. Ambrose, holding the chair like a baseball bat, spits into his palm and gestures to the rafters before landing a brutal chair shot to the head of the Undertaker.

The no blood policy is clearly out the window as the big man cops it directly (and doubtless wears the $10,000 fine for an unprotected chair shot) and is laid out cold. The fans are merciless in their booing.

The Miz and Alberto del Rio are back to their feet and make to enter the ring, but Shield have apparently finished their work. Ambrose's last gesture is to spit on the prone form of the Undertaker before the trio leap the barricades and disappear as fast as they'd appeared.

Cole: I... I don't know what to say about what we have just witnessed.

Lawler: Shield have crossed the line. They've gone too far.

Layfield: What they have done is made an emphatic statement and written their death warrants at the same time. They got the jump on the Dead Man tonight, but he'll be ready next time. Mark my words, guys, Shield have bitten off more than they can chew.
We head to commercial with Undertaker getting to his feet and staring angrily out into the crowd. He may have been knocked down, but he looks fighting fit. Most of all, he looks mad as hell.

To be continued