What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World XI

Kasper

Bench
Who would be in your world XI on current form? I'd go:

1.Matthew Hayden
2.Graham Smith
3.Ricky Ponting
4.Jaques Kallis
5.Brian Lara
6.Rahul Dravid
7.Adam Gilchrist
8.Shaun Pollock
9.Heath Streak
10.Anil Kumble
11.Jason Gillespie

It was a toss up for me for the sixth batting spot between Laxman, Dravid and Tendulkar. I also tossed up between Gibbs and Smith for one opening spot.

Anonymous

Juniors
Exceptionally hard to pick (batting wise).
better to just narrow it down to about 10 players ;)

If we are talking test form Gibbs should be there in front of Smith, and boucher in front of gilchrist - he's a better keeper and has been scoring runs...

knights04

Bench
ODI Test

Gilchrist Sehwag
Tendulkar Hayden
Ponting Ponting
Laxman Tendulkar
Dravid Lara
Kallis Streak
Clarke Gilchrist
Pollock Pollock
Gillespie Gillespie
Muralitharan Muralitharan
Pathan Akhtar

Rustay

Juniors
TEST:

M.Hayden
V.Sehwag
R.Ponting
R.Dravid
B.Lara
J.Kallis
A.Gilchrist
S.Pollock
A.Kumble
J.Gillespie (Maybe A.Nel on figures, but Dizzy gets the nod cos i like him)
M.Ntini

ODI:

A.Gilchrist
V.Sehwag
R.Ponting
B.Lara
V.Laxman
J.Kallis
M.Clarke :mrgreen:
S.Pollock
J.Gillespie
S.Akhtar

Anonymous

Juniors
Test

1-M.Hayden
2-G.Smith
3-B.Lara(c)
4-R.Dravid
5-V.V.S.Laxman
6-J.Kallis
7-A.Gilchrist+(There's really no in-form test keeper atm)
8-S.Pollock
9-C.Vaas
10-M.Ntini
11-S.MacGill

ODI

1-S.Tendulkar
2-M.Hayden
3-J.Kallis
4-V.V.S.Laxman
5-R.Sarwan
6-R.Dravid+
7-S.Ervine
8-S.Pollock
9-H.Streak(c)
10-A.Kumble
11-Shoaib Akhtar

Red Bear

Referee
ThrashViking said:
Earl said:
How can people have Pathan in their world XI? The kid has potential, but thats about it.
ditto with Michael Clarke.
has he gone past 30 or 40 runs yet?
Highest score of 75(cant remember if it was not out or not).

wittyz chick

Coach
yeah it was not out

1.Graeme Smith (c) (RSA)
2. Matt Hayden (AUS)
3. Ricky Ponting (AUS)
4. V.V.S Laxman (IND)
5. Jacques Kallis (RSA)
6. Michael Clarke (AUS)
7. Mark Boucher (wk) (RSA)
8. Heath Streak (ZIM)
9. Shaun Pollock (RSA)
10. Andre Nel (RSA)
11. Makhaya Ntini (RSA)

i think ive been watching too much of the South African series :roll:

t-ba

Post Whore
Anyways I'll plump out a test team on recent form. I don't watch much ODI sa I can't make a judgement. Haven't seen much of the Pakis, Bangladeshi's or English as of late though (like it matters for this :lol: . I Did see Pakistan A at Eden Gardens though, which was pretty cool)

1-Hayden
2-Smith
3-Lara
4-Ponting
5-Dravid
6-Kallis
7-Boucher
8-Pollock
9-Streak
10-Kumble
11-Ntini

blaine train

Juniors
fair enough streaks bben standing out for zimbabwe and has been theyre only performing player but he hasnt been that brilliant

Anonymous

Juniors
Just purely out of interest, is there any reason why people have smith ahead of Gibbs? I'm fairly sure Gibbs scored an extra hundred in the tests, and scored quite a few more runs.

Does everyone really think of Smith so highly? In my opinion he is yet to face a bowling attack of any real merit and do well against it. Interested in your thoughts...

stormboy

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Just purely out of interest, is there any reason why people have smith ahead of Gibbs? I'm fairly sure Gibbs scored an extra hundred in the tests, and scored quite a few more runs.

Does everyone really think of Smith so highly? In my opinion he is yet to face a bowling attack of any real merit and do well against it. Interested in your thoughts...

I agree with u mate - I have yet to see him play - anyone the way the Windies are going at the moment can hit big scores against em

Anonymous

Juniors
His tour of England speaks for itself. And he was quite good in the tests v. the Windies. I still think that Gibbs suffers from 'Michael Slater Syndrome'. He gets going, then throws it all away with a rush of blood to the head.

Anonymous

Juniors
Timbo said:
His tour of England speaks for itself. And he was quite good in the tests v. the Windies. I still think that Gibbs suffers from 'Michael Slater Syndrome'. He gets going, then throws it all away with a rush of blood to the head.

Those 2 double tonnes were amaznig, however England bowled utter crap. I'd like to see how he goes against quality bowling - the best england can put up was Jimmy Anderson and the Windies Fidel Edwards, both in their early 20's. He probably will go fine against a good attack, I just want to see it first...

wittyz chick

Coach
He made hs debut against Australia (thats hard they were at their peak at this time) now he didnt make big scores (highest score of 68 and 42 but thats bout it) but he knows what good bowling attack is like...he's making these big scores to get himself ready against the aussies when he faces them again and he is 22 and already captain of his country and Gibbs is 29 years old hes comming towards his end of time and losing his wickets very easily when he should be cautious...well thats my reason anyway

Latest posts