What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World's Best Fullback

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL

Give me Dugan any day of the week.

Slater is a great player but he'd be the last bloke i'd want in the no.1 when a big game is on the line.

He's the Asafa Powell of fullbacks.

chefman21

Juniors
There are three big flaws that come out now and again in Slater's game - brain explosions, disappearing when he gets nailed in defence and the occasional poor defensive read. A great fullback, but there is always that question mark.

Ulysseus

Bench
To be fair to Billy it wasn't his knock on they scored from................... but f**k me if he catches that ball then maybe the rest of it does not happen.

Billy is an enigma, a salary cap rorting enigma, aside from having his titles stripped, he seems to play like a complete spastic when he pulls on the green and gold.

Beez

Juniors
I agree Boyd is the best, Dugan is a noob and Hayne is not a fullback

Yes Hayne is more than just a fullback, that why he's the best.

Boyd is average, seriously. Imagine him in an average team and then you'll agree with my assessment of him.

Dugan has done sweet f*#k-all in big games and if you compare his highlights reel with Hayne's you will see he hasn't done anything special yet. How many semi's have the Raiders won with one of the best forward packs in the comp, why? because Dugan's only asset is kick returns and beating the first defender.

Inglis is good for running in a straight line, no ball skills, footwork or kicking game.

chefman21

Juniors
There is no way Slater should be replaced as the Australian fullback. Sure, he has some clangers in his game, but find me a player who doesn't have a weakness in his game. He is just too good a player to leave out. He really needs some good wingers to support him though. Morris is a nothing player, Tuqiri seemed disinterested and Boyd is good but not great. And Boyd has nothing on Slater as a fullback over a long period of time. In my opinion, I would have Hayne and Stewart as his two wingers. They can both play wing and they bring so, so much more to a game than Beeline Brett Morris and Tired Tuqiri. At least Hayne and Stewart make teams stand back and go ummm.... when they have the ball.

Without_a_Spoon

Juniors
Brett Stewart >>>> Slater

Slater makes the good look amazing
Stewart makes the amazing look good.

If that makes sense.
Stewart also never ever ever provides the shockers that Slater does which can single handely cost his team a game!