What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worrying gap in WARL

Perth Red

Post Whore
There has been some massive score differences this season and it is a worry that there seems to be a growing gap between the top 3 teams and the rest in the WARL. Not sure of the answer but it is a concern. Too many 70 point hammerings and players won't want to play anymore.

Gibbo

Juniors
Hey PR a while ago there was a thread on here about Victorian schools competing in the Arrive alive cup, was just wondering if any WA schools did or had plans to? I guess it would be a long shot with travel costs etc but i think it would be a significant stepping stone to one day seeing an NRL team from Perth. Personally i think the Arrive Alive cup is a great vehicle for national expansion and that with the right managment and financial backing it could be like the national high school football comp in the US.

yakstorm

First Grade
No WA school or rep team competes in the Arrive Alive Cup which is a tad disapointing as Victoria have Bayside which made it till the 3rd round, and even South Australia entered a rep school side (which didn't go very far, but it at least competed).

hgfds

Juniors
Some internationals could help,surely gb vs oz a in perth or adelaide would have been better than gb vs newc rep

Perth Red

Post Whore
Too true mate. I honestly don't think the NRL/ARL has much clue about where it wants the game to expand into or how it is going to go about it. A GBvPNG game in Perth would have drawn 10,000+ to MES and been beneficial to PNG and the game in WA.

It seems they want the easy option of an already established RL region bidding for a franchise then suggesting this is in some way expanding RL in Australia!

Latest posts