What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

worst CEO in the nrl

what team has the worst ceo in the nrl?

• eels

Votes: 35 37.2%
  • bulldogs

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • titans

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • tigers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • warriors

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • souths

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • roosters

• brisbane

• cowboys

• dragons

• raiders

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • sea eagles

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • panthers

Votes: 25 26.6%

• Total voters

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do CEO's sign players? I always thought it was the coach who decided what players he wanted?

mongoose

Coach
Probably the Panthers CEO.

Considering the resources the club has at their disposal they run a pretty shoddy operation. Poor crowds, average results on field, poor signings, persisting with Elliot, can't hold onto juniors, Matthew Elliot, crappy stadium, Elliot.

Eels Dude

Coach
Hah I was going to say exactly that.

Don't forget Whaituira and Casey McGuire...

Maguire has actually been good for us this year. Whatuira, Maitua, and Walker have been involved in serious off field incidents... While Webb is a useless hack. So our CEO definately deserves to be criticised for turning the culture around by signing trouble makers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Depends on the club, at the time (its been reported) that Osbourne was the one who handled the majority of our signings and re-signing.

CEO's may be involved in contract negotiations or have a say in if a player is the right fit for the organisation but I very much doubt any head coach would allow the CEO to pick and choose which players are in his squad.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Toss up between the Eels and Panthers ceo. Although one could argue the Sharks, who are too poor to even have a ceo, unless you think one of the other ceo's are worse than no ceo at all.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
the sharks have nothing and aren't disgraced. then you look at the panthers, eels, cowboys....

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
CEO's may be involved in contract negotiations or have a say in if a player is the right fit for the organisation but I very much doubt any head coach would allow the CEO to pick and choose which players are in his squad.

True, but it is the CEO that handles the negotiations usually. IE Melbourne (apparently)