What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Ever Penrith Team

TheFrog

Coach
Brohman was good enough to make State of Origin from Penrith.

Even Franze, although taking a long time to recover from a knee reconstruction, showed in his final month at the club what he could do.

Players to consider for such a side:

Anthony Xeureb
Neil Baker
Don Price
John Barber

Fibroman

First Grade
Brohman was good enough to make State of Origin from Penrith.

Even Franze, although taking a long time to recover from a knee reconstruction, showed in his final month at the club what he could do.

Players to consider for such a side:

Anthony Xeureb
Neil Baker
Don Price
John Barber

Xeureb had a shocker in a semi or 90 GF from memory.

Neil Baker went on to play 4th grade rugby for Blue Mountains after he finished his illustrious league career.

TheFrog

Coach
Xeureb had a shocker in a semi or 90 GF from memory.

It was the '91 Major Semi against Norths. He gifted the Bears a try when we led 12-0 early in the second half, sparking a Peter Jackson-led comeback from which we were very very lucky to get the bickies, we were saved by Halligan having a rare off day with the boot. Both Xeureb and Ben Alexander were in the Grand Final 17 but neither were used, although I think Gould intended to use Alexander when Simmons tired, but Royce was playing the game of his life and could not be replaced. John Cartwright and Brad Izzard were the other bench players, both played critical roles in the victory. Xeureb had shown promise in '91 but was never the same again after this game, playing fullback for St Marys Metropolitan Cup for some years.

Last edited:

hughesy

Juniors
What is your problem mate? I have read this forum for a while now and can't get past what type of person you are. I am suprised you haven't been given the boot completely from League Unlimited, I wouldn't be suprised you have been banned from PI.
I think you are a disgrace to Panthers fans and really should either grow up or try and act like an adult.

As for the worse team well I think that listing a team of 17 players from 43 years of Panthers is unfair, Just settle down Mate your an embarrassment.

Fibroman

First Grade
What is your problem mate? I have read this forum for a while now and can't get past what type of person you are. I am suprised you haven't been given the boot completely from League Unlimited, I wouldn't be suprised you have been banned from PI.
I think you are a disgrace to Panthers fans and really should either grow up or try and act like an adult.

As for the worse team well I think that listing a team of 17 players from 43 years of Panthers is unfair, Just settle down Mate your an embarrassment.

There have been some pretty ordinary players to go around in FG for us, you must admit that much.

hughesy

Juniors
Of course there has been some lousy players go through the Panthers over the years, it happens in all the clubs but I think it is harsh to slect just 17 players from 43 years of being in the top grade so over 516 players, (Presuming there is 5 new players a year).

I was also complaining at Pantha-Boys negative topics and stupid posts.

Best 17 players for sure but not the worse IMO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
where's Bill Ashurst? - wasn't he an English international who couldn't hack the pace of Sydney Rugby League so he picked up his bags and ball and went home??

Kilkenny

Coach
where's Bill Ashurst? - wasn't he an English international who couldn't hack the pace of Sydney Rugby League so he picked up his bags and ball and went home??

Bill Ashurst was one of the most gifted players ever to play for the panthers.

Yes he had attitude issues and didnt always put in but the fact was there was a personality clash with Stevo and his family did not settle in Oz.

You can say he was not a success in Sydney Rugby League but it was nothing to do with the pace of the game. When Bill was on he was absolutely unstoppable. Yeah sure it didnt happen often enough but he was a huge talent and I enjoyed the games when he was on song even if it was only a few occasions.

Fibroman

First Grade
Bill Ashurst was one of the most gifted players ever to play for the panthers.

Yes he had attitude issues and didnt always put in but the fact was there was a personality clash with Stevo and his family did not settle in Oz.

You can say he was not a success in Sydney Rugby League but it was nothing to do with the pace of the game. When Bill was on he was absolutely unstoppable. Yeah sure it didnt happen often enough but he was a huge talent and I enjoyed the games when he was on song even if it was only a few occasions.

I agree. and could also kick a goal from half way with the old leather ball too!